Company - Press Room
CyberLink Takes Video Creation to a Whole New Level with Launch of PowerDirector 12 Series
New video editing series introduces innovative features to enable dynamic and intuitive creation of sophisticated video projects
Berlin, Germany—September 6, 2013—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), a provider of innovative media creativity solutions, today unveiled the latest version of its award-winning video creation software, PowerDirector 12, at IFA 2013 in Berlin, Germany. The comprehensive solution offers state-of-the-art video creation features including a complete range of audio editing and repair technologies along with powerful color grading tools to empower users with everything needed to create impressive video productions.
“Last year, users enthusiastically embraced our expanded series of PowerDirector as a powerful, end-to-end video editing solution at an affordable price,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “Today’s release represents the evolution of the product line and introduces several exciting new technologies that will provide unique value to video creators and confirm PowerDirector as the standout solution in the video editing category.”
Key Features in PowerDirector 12 Series
PowerDirector’s foremost version in the series is comprised of three fully interoperable products capable of seamless round-trip video editing—PowerDirector, ColorDirector and AudioDirector—and offers a truly complete editing solution for enthusiasts who demand powerful, fast and professional video creation tools. Key features include:
PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite—award-winning video editor
- Intuitive Editing Environment—with over 100 editing tools and 400 editing effects, it’s easy for novices and experts alike to create professional-looking videos
- MultiCam Designer—integrates up to four different video shots of the same scene from different cameras into one seamless piece of synchronized footage
- Theme Designer—provides over 30 built-in animated design templates enabling fast and easy creation and customization of pro-level 3D video projects
- Content-Aware Editing—provides a revolutionary way to edit video projects using advanced technology to analyze footage and automatically select the best scenes
- Motion Blur Effect—adds a blurring effect to Picture-in-Picture (PiP) objects and titles to provide an authentic feeling of movement
- TrueVelocity™ 4 Editing Engine—cuts down video editing time with 3-times faster video encoding using Intel AVX2 support
- End-to-End 4K & 3D Editing—supports import, edit and export of both 4K Ultra HD resolution and 3D video enabling the production of unique, high-quality projects
ColorDirector 2—advanced video color grading tools
- Intuitive Post-Production Color Grading—offers a complete set of tools to correct white balance, adjust tonality, and enhance and stylize the colors within videos
- HDR Video—unique CyberLink technology now brings the popular HDR effect to video, adding more dynamic range to scenes and highlighting the best parts of footage
- Intelligent Motion Tracking—isolates and tracks the motion of any object in a video scene so that it can be color enhanced
AudioDirector 4—intuitive audio-for-video soundtrack designer
- Direct Soundtrack Editing—easily edit any audio tracks embedded in videos with support for up to 7.1 multichannel sound and visually-referenced synchronization
- 5.1/7.1 Channel Surround Sound Panner—enables sophisticated surround sound projects using dynamic panning technology on any existing mono or multichannel audio file
- Noise Reduction and Hum Removal—effectively reduces both broadband and tonal background noise, along with low frequency hum and buzz from audio files for a clean, natural result that dramatically improves video quality
CyberLink Creative Director Series and Director Suite 2
CyberLink also introduces an update to the company’s Creative Director Series, composed of 4 award-winning applications and valuable extras, available in 9 different versions. The flagship Director Suite 2 is CyberLink’s complete video and photo production suite and includes PowerDirector, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector and AudioDirector.
CyberLink Creative Director Family Versions and Pricing
- Director Suite 2 ($299.99)
- PowerDirector 12, PhotoDirector 5, ColorDirector 2, AudioDirector 4, 2 extra NewBlueFX effect packs and 3 extra CyberLink Creative Design Packs
- PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite ($249.99)
- Including PowerDirector 12, ColorDirector 2, AudioDirector 4, 2 extra NewBlueFX effect packs and 3 extra CyberLink Creative Design Packs
- PowerDirector 12 Ultimate ($129.99)
- Including PowerDirector 12, 2 extra NewBlueFX effect packs and 3 extra CyberLink Creative Design Packs
- PowerDirector 12 Ultra ($99.99)
- 64-bit / 3D / 4K / Blu-ray and AVCHD support
- PowerDirector 12 Deluxe (69.99)
- PhotoDirector 5 Ultra ($99.99)
- PhotoDirector 5 Suite ($149.99)
- Including PhotoDirector and ColorDirector 2
- ColorDirector 2 Ultra ($129.99)
- AudioDirector 4 Ultra ($129.99)
CyberLink PowerDirector 12, ColorDirector 2, AudioDirector 4 and PhotoDirector 5 are available today in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese and Korean. They can be purchased as stand-alone products or together in Director Suite 2 from the CyberLink online store and are also available in selected retail channels.
Founded in 1996, CyberLink Corp. is the world’s leading multimedia software company. With over 100 patented technologies that provide a solid foundation on which to continuously revolutionize the way multimedia is experienced, CyberLink’s visionary outlook has allowed the company to grow rapidly. This ultimately led to a record-breaking IPO on the Taiwan Over-the-Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203) in 2000. CyberLink is currently listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW).
CyberLink’s broad portfolio of multimedia applications can be categorized into two main areas: Media Entertainment – PowerDVD being the flagship product in this category, provides the latest in media playback on PCs, across devices in the home network, and on-the-go with portable smart devices; and Media Creation – offers a series of software to create enticing videos & photos, author Blu-ray & DVD discs and more. CyberLink has built strategic partnerships with leading CPU and GPU providers and a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners from top PC brands on the leading edge. CyberLink's worldwide headquarters are located in Taipei, Taiwan, with regional operations offices in North America, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The company has 700 employees worldwide, with more than 500 engineers in product design and development.
Corporate: Lily Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 2269
CyberLink Japan: Kazutaka Aiso at email@example.com or by phone at: +81-3-5875-6650
CyberLink USA: Amy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-986-5026.
Germany: Volker Maxisch at email@example.com or by phone: +31-43-306-0797
France: Laëtitia D’Urso at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +33 (0)1 41104111
United Kingdom: Maggie Zaboura at email@example.com or by phone: +44-1491-639-172
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2013 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.