PowerDirector 13 System Requirements & File Format Support
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista (SP2)
- 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above
- PowerDirector 13 is optimized for CPUs with MMX/SSE/SSE2/3DNow!/3DNow! Extension/HyperThreading/ Intel AVX2 technology.
- AVI Capture/Produce: Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- DVD Quality (MPEG-2) Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- High Quality MPEG-4 and Streaming WMV, QuickTime) Profiles: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2.
- Full-HD quality H.264 and MPEG2 Profiles: Intel Corei5/7 or AMD Phenom II X4
- AVCHD and BD burning Profiles: Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400, or AMD Phenom II X4
- 2K/4K/3D video editing profile: Intel Corei7 or AMD FX series with 64 bit OS 6 GB RAM
- 2GB required
- 3GB or above recommended for 32 bit OS
- 6GB or above recommended for 64 bit OS & 3D editing
Hard Disk Space
9.5GB required minimum (note: 400 MB is for Magic Music Library)
- 10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production
- 60 GB (100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD production
- A CD or DVD burner (CD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW) is required to burn VCD/DVD/SVCD/AVCHD titles
- A Blu-ray disc recordable drive is required to burn Blu-ray Discs
- 128 MB VGA VRAM or higher (1 GB or higher VRAM and OpenCL capable are recommended)
- For NewBlue Titler Pro plug-in:
nVidia GeForce or Quadro card that supports CUDA with driver 285.62 or newer
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better with Catalyst 11.11 or newer
Intel HD is not supported
Note: If you have further question, please contact NewBlue: http://www.newbluefx.com/support
- GeForce 8500GT/9800GT and above
- GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200/400/500/600 Series
PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver.
AMD / ATI :
- AMD APU Family with AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics: A-Series, E2-Series, C-Series, E-Series, G-Series
- AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics: HD 7000 Series, HD 6000 Series
- ATI Radeon™ HD Graphics: 5900 Series, 5800 Series, 5700 Series, 5600 Series, 5500 Series, 5400 Series
- ATI FirePro™ Graphics
- ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD: 5800 Series, 5700 Series, 5600 Series, 5400 Series
- ATI Mobility FirePro™: M7820, M5800
- Internet connection is required for activating some import/export formats, including AVCHD, Blu-ray Disc, DVD, H.264, & MPEG-2. Activation is quick and easy.
- Windows Media Player 9 or above is required
Format and Device Support
|Video File (Import)||
* To enable DivX, please download the DiVX codec online. Available for 32-bit Windows OS only.
|Audio File (Import)||
▪ WAV, MP3, WMA, M4A, OGG
|Audio Format (Import)||
▪ AAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, WAVE, MPEG-1 Layer III
|Photo File (Import)||
▪ MPO, JPS, RAW, GIF, BMP, JPG, TIF, PNG, Animated GIF
|Video Capturing Device Support||
▪ Analog TV tuner
▪ PCI or USB1.0/2.0 capture device compliant with WDM standard
|Camcorder & Camera Support||The list of supported camera brands and models for PowerDirector is available at the following location:
|Video File Exporting (Production)||
|Output Device Support||
The list below consists of devices from major brands that were tested by CyberLink. However, the list is not comprehensive. If your device is not on the list, it may still be compatible with PowerDirector. Please feel free to download the free trial to test it out. Free trial
▪ iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Classic
▪ Android Phones
▪ PlayStation Portable (PSP), PlayStation 3 , PlayStation VITA
▪ XBox 360, Zune
▪ Casio Hitachi mobile phones (in 3GPP2 format)
|Formats Supported for Disc Creation||
▪ 3D Disc Burning: DVD/AVCHD/BD
1. Accelerated video encoding on AMD graphics cards requires the user to install the AMD Media Codec Package, also known as the Avivo™ Package. This package is available as an optional download when obtaining an AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver for AMD desktop graphics and notebook graphics products, available at www.amd.com.
2. CyberLink PowerDirector 13 also supports AMD VISION and FUSION A-Series, E-series, and C-series Accelerated Processors Technology.
3. Windows® is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. All rights reserved. Copyright CyberLink Corp.