Create Rich-Media e-Learning Content in 3 Easy Steps
Creating E-Learning Content: Importing and Preparing Resources
Create powerful e-learning content in minutes. StreamAuthor supports the quick importing of raw content: existing video clips, photos, spreadsheets, PowerPoint slides, pdf files, and text documents. Features for capturing live video and on-screen action let presenters create their own video clips and demonstrations.
- IMPROVED Broad support for video input devices — StreamAuthor supports the latest DV camcorders and records video using various formats such as DVD and HDV. Imported video content such as product demos, training videos, and TV clips add an impressive element to any StreamAuthor presentation. Videos can be captured from USB cameras, camcorders, TV-tuner cards (via a video capture card) and from DV and HDV camcorders.
- IMPROVED Broad support for importing data files — Users can import content in the form of: PDF files, PowerPoint slides, Word and Excel files, TXT, Macromedia Flash, and HTML. Images can also be imported into StreamAuthor in GIF, JPG, BMP and PNG format.
- NEW Smart PDF Converter — Allows the importing of pdf files and their auto conversion into image files. Pages are split intelligently to fit into a PowerPoint presentation, ensuring better readability.
- Live video recording — StreamAuthor can be used to record live video via DV camcorder or webcam. This feature allows trainers and lecturers to record themselves or others and add a more human touch to their presentation materials.
- NEW Re-record current slide — If a user is not satisfied with the recording of their current slide, they can record this slide again with the re-record button. The current slide can be re-recorded in full-screen mode.
- Live screen capturing — On-screen actions can be captured and included within published materials. Pen tools allow for highlighting screen elements with shapes or free-hand drawing. Page scrolling and mouse movements can also be recorded.
- PowerPoint animation — StreamAuthor maintains the animation effects of imported PowerPoint presentations.
- Image converter — Users can convert PowerPoint files into image files for better compatibility with their other presentation materials.