Create Rich-Media e-Learning Content in 3 Easy Steps
Organizing Your E-Learning Content
Create powerful e-learning content in minutes. StreamAuthor´s editing tools support the careful structuring of video, audio, photos and text into a linear presentation. Presenters can also add links to the web or an intranet, add corporate logos and other images or banners. Built-in templates offer sample screen layouts in a broad selection of easy-to-use styles.
With built-in pen tools and an “add blank slide” feature, StreamAuthor´s work environment provides a familiar television and blackboard metaphor for recording, reviewing and laying out a complete presentation. Presenters can even manually adjust the size and position of objects using Template Editor, allowing them to customize the look and feel of their StreamAuthor presentations.
- NEW Easy Presentation Mode — Users simply import one PowerPoint file; no other complex configurations are required. When recording is finished, StreamAuthor saves the presentation immediately. There are no complex publishing procedures either.
- Full Screen mode — Full Screen Mode provides an efficient way of making learning content quickly with familiar full-screen slide presentations. Presentation recordings can be switched to Live Screen to capture live demonstrations.
- Studio Mode — Studio Mode combines several tools to help users make professional learning content. In studio mode users can synchronize their PowerPoint slides and video playback, edit a table of contents, change the template image and add a watermark image on the video. The Studio Mode Timeline features tracks for laying out video clips, audio, and slides. What´s more, presenters can manually adjust the audio volume of video with pinpoints along its audio track. This allows recorded narration on the second audio track to be heard as a voice over to both video and PowerPoint content. The second track can also be used for adding background music.
- Pen Tools: drawing and highlighting — StreamAuthor´s Pen Tools let presenters emphasize screen content by drawing lines or other shapes on any presentation page. Viewers can then be guided to focus on certain sections of the screen, just as if watching a live demonstration with someone writing on a white board. This function can also be used during live screen capturing.
- NEW Merging Multiple Presentations— Users can merge multiple presentations into a single presentation, allowing them to produce new learning content by assembling and editing existing presentations.
- Multi-chapter architecture — Easy-to-use editing architecture greatly increases reusability of the materials and reduces re-production costs for content. Instructional designers may divide the content into multiple chapters, adding flexibility to both production procedures and time.
- Timeline interface for media integration— Media files can be easily dragged and dropped onto a timeline and then synchronized with video. Fine-tuning the synchronization of slides, audio and video is quick and easy.
- Flexible recording and editing — Users can record video and voice at any time; also users can pause, erase and adjust the playback timing on the timeline.
- Video editing — Provides a handy function for cutting, trimming and merging video clips.
- Video transitions — Provides over one hundred effects to help presenters add eye-caching transition between video content.
- NEW Video Captions — Captions allow better elaboration of video content, letting trainers emphasize points as well as place translations for foreign language content.
- Video watermark — Lets presenters apply a watermark to video content. Ideal for enterprises looking to increase the visibility of their corporate logo.
- Unicode support — Support for Unicode allows materials from different countries and languages to be integrated into a single lesson.
- NEW Audio Noise Reduction — StreamAuthor lets users remove the background noise caught in many live recordings using Noise Reduction.
- Real-time voice control — Allows presenters make real-time voice recordings using a microphone, or mute the voice if necessary.
- Table of contents — Presenters can easily edit a Table of Contents (TOC) to assist with the structuring of their training materials, allowing for easier navigation of content, or a non-linear viewing of materials.
- Customizable presentation templates — StreamAuthor comes complete with multiple design templates, allowing users to easily create stylish presentations. Templates can be adjusted manually by using Template Editor, allowing presenters reposition objects around the screen.
- Assessment tools — Tests can be created and included with any presentation, and results can be reported by a learner via email, or directly reported via a Learning Management System. Presenters can create multiple-choice and single-answer questions quickly and easily using Microsoft Word templates. In combination with StreamAuthor´s sequencing controls, presenters can structure their course materials so that students must pass a test before moving on to the next topic.
- Pause function — With StreamAuthor´s pause function, presenters can set a pause message to appear while content is playing. The feature supports a variety of uses, such as hints or reminders, or suggested breaks during extended computer usage.