There are two ways to trim a video clip, using Single Trim or Multi Trim. Select video clip and then click on the Trim button.
Performing a Single Trim:
The single trim function allows you trim off the beginning and ends of a video clip.
1. Click on the Single Trim tab.
2. Drag the mark in and mark out position sliders to your preferred positions and then click OK to complete the trimming.
Performing a Multi Trim:1. Click on the Multi Trim tab.
2. Drag the mark in position slider to your preferred position and then click on the button (marked in red on the lowest part of the image).
5. Drag the mark out position slider to the next preferred position and then click the button below it (marked in red).
6. Click OK to finish trimming the clip.
The split function is used frequently in the video editing process. You can use it to quickly split a video clip into two segments, and then keep or remove one of them.
1. Drag the timeline slider to the position where you want to split the video clip, and then click the Split button.
Note:If the position of the timeline slider is at the beginning or end of the video clip, the Split function is not available because it can't be split into two segments.
3. You can split the video clip into as many segments as you like.
Extra Information: If none of the split segments are removed, they are still one continuous video, which may be helpful if you want to apply effects or transitions.
Split video segments can be combined back into one clip. Select all of the split video segments, right click on one of them, and then select Combine.