This Goodbye Plain Shots Event (“Event”) is sponsored by CyberLink Corporation (“Sponsor”). Your participation to this Event shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated herein.
How to Win
Submit Original Photos (Plain Shots).
1. Choose any photo you would like to be modified and describe your request of how you would like the photo to be edited.
2. Each entrant can submit a maximum of 5 original photos. The photo format should be JPEG/JPG and smaller than 3MB.
Edit Photos and Upload.
1. View and download any photo in the gallery of original submissions in the event.
2. Edit the photos with CyberLink PhotoDirector. Please note that all photos submitted must only be edited by CyberLink PhotoDirector. All photos edited by other software will be excluded from the event.
3. Each entrant can submit a maximum of 5 edits per original photo submission. The edited photo format must be JPEG/JPG and smaller than 3MB.
I 'Like" it lucky draws.
1. You must log-in via Facebook to 'Like' or 'Share'.
1. You can 'Share' via Facebook or Email.
2. You can 'Like' each of the submissions and you will automatically receive one entry in the lucky draw.
3. More 'Likes' on photos via Facebook will increase the chance of winning in the prize draws!
4. Sharing the event via Facebook also increases the chance of winning in the prize draws. For each share, the participant gains one entry into the prize draws.
5. Sharing the event with the same Facebook/Email account to the same recipient will only be counted as one entry. For example: John Doe shares the event via FaceBook to Marie Clare 10 times. In this case, only one entry will be counted. However, if John Doe instead shared the event to ten different Facebook friends, he would get ten entries.
Event Calendar & Winner Announcement
All Event dates and times follow Pacific Time Zone (GMT-8)
All submissions have to be uploaded no later than 23h59 on the night of May 31, 2013 (Deadline)
|Monthly Lucky Draw
|| 'Likes' Period
||Mar. 7 - Mar. 31, 2013
|| 'Likes' Period
||Apr.1 - 30, 2013
Alej***** Reyes Duschner
|| 'Likes' Period
||May 1 - 31, 2013
Uian Y** Lin
||Audience Choice Prize
|Special Jury Prize
|Special Contribution Award
Criteria for Judging
Special Jury Prize winners are selected by CyberLink Judge Panel
|Special Jury Prize - Winner Criteria
|-Request Matching (50%)
|-Technical Quality (30%)
1. The Event is open to all participants who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, have reached the age of majority in their home states and countries at the time of entry (“Entrant” or “You”) and agrees to comply with these event rules.
2. Entrants must submit or create a photo based on the event rules and using CyberLink PhotoDirector. Using CyberLink PhotoDirector trial versions is acceptable. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
3. Employees of CyberLink and their immediate families or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible to enter this Event.
Terms & Conditions
1. You must be the original creator of the photo and must have obtained the necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted images. The photo must not infringe the rights of privacy and publicity, copyright, trademarks or intellectual property rights of any person or organization.
2. Photos may not contain libelous, sexually explicit, harmful, discriminating, disparaging or other inappropriate content.
3. If you use any material or elements in the photos that are subject to the rights of a third party, you must obtain prior to submission of the photo, the necessary consents from such party to enable CyberLink to use and showcase the photo.
4. You permit CyberLink to publish photos submitted by you on the Event page. For clarity, you retain all of his/hers ownership rights in his/her photo. However, by submitting photo to the event, you allow others to edit photo by using CyberLink PhotoDirector and you hereby grant CyberLink a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use, reproduce, distribute, and prepare derivative works of the photos in connection with CyberLink PhotoDirector and DirectorZone´s services. CyberLink reserves all right to use all photos submitted by you for marketing and promotional use for this Event.
5. CyberLink reserves the right to refuse any entry in its sole discretion. No entry may contain unlawful, obscene or objectionable material. CyberLink also reserves the right at any time during the event to remove or disqualify any photo when it believes in its sole discretion that you have: (i) infringed any third party's copyright and/or other property and/or personal right; (ii) does not comply with these event rules; (iii) failed to obtain the necessary consents as set out in these terms and conditions.
6. The winners of each game will be announced on the website of the Event in accordance to the Event Calendar. Winners will be notified by CyberLink and will be required to submit and return satisfactory identification documents requested and reply with an acknowledgement within one (1) week of being notified, failing which your winner status will be forfeited and a replacement winner will be chosen.
7. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents for voting is not permitted and will result in the disqualification of all votes received through that method.
8. The decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
9. For physical prizes shipment, Sponsor will ship from local e-commerce website where the winners reside. If winner cannot provide the e-commerce website in his/her country, sponsor will arrange international shipping. The recipient of the international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient. All recipients must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.
10. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and/or other items. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the list of prizes without notice.
11. If the total prize amount exceeds NT$20,000, a 10% tax deduction will be incurred in accordance with the Standards of Withholding Rates for Various Incomes. Non-residents of the Republic of China (e.g. a foreigner residing/staying in Taiwan for less than 183 days per year) will incur a 20% tax deduction regardless of the prize amount. The winner may only claim his/her prize by presenting his/her personal identification card. Foreign residents must present his/her passport or alien residence certificate.
12. All submissions will be reviewed as far as possible for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with all these event rules.
13. You shall indemnify CyberLink, or the related companies and employees from all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, Web content, or other material submitted to CyberLink that infringes the rights of others work or a third party’s work contained in any submission.
14. You agree that CyberLink shall not be liable for any claims, costs, liabilities, damages, expenses and losses arising out of (i) CyberLink's use of the photo; (ii) the your participation in the Event; (iii) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to problems or delays arising from software, websites or equipment malfunctions or computer viruses; (iv) any events outside CyberLink's reasonable control including damages to persons or property. If there is any applicable law which does not allow the above disclaimer then parties must follow it.
15. Disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by Taiwan law excluding provisions about conflicting laws and the Parties agree they will submit disputes to the courts of Taipei, Taiwan.
17. By participating in this event/promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of the event Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final.
18. CyberLink reserves the right to change event rules and prize awards at any time without notification.