Dear CyberLink user,
Welcome to the CyberLink Update Center. This site provides you with the necessary files to update your CyberLink software. The update is free of charge and we highly recommend that you update your software now.
CyberLink Update Pack ( Download Now )
Computers that have Microsoft Windows Vista or XP and PowerCinema 4 , PowerCinema 5, or other digital home software from CyberLink installed.
- Please click the above“Download Now” link or click here to download your free patch.
- Click "Run" to start the download process.
- After the download is complete, click "Yes" to start the installation process.
- After the installation, a dialog will pop up displaying the result. Click "OK" to finish the installation process.
Note: You must be logged in with an administrator account to install the patch.
Problem and Solution
When browsing for video files in the Thumbnails view in Microsoft Windows Explorer, sometimes it will crash, and the user will be forced to reopen Windows Explorer.
CLMedia.dll will try to display the video thumbnails that are not provided by your operating system. Sometimes the returned video thumbnail size is incorrect and CLMedia.dll fails to display a video thumbnail, causing a crash.
- Resolution / Workaround
Do not display the video thumbnails that are not provided by your operating system.
- CLMedia.dll is not the cause of every crash described.
- According to current reports, this issue does not happen within Windows XP. However, the patch still works if users run it in Windows XP.
We hope you continue to enjoy your CyberLink Software!
Please contact Customer Support if you are encountering any problems.
More digital media products »