I have a problem when launch PowerDirector 9 and got the message "PowerDirector has stopped working" at startup.
- Please ensure your CyberLink PowerDirector is up-to-date. You can check software updates from below page:
- Update the graphics card and audio card drivers of your computer. If you are using an AMD / NVDIA / Intel graphics card, you can download latest driver from AMD / NVIDIA / Intel’s web site. If you have any problem with installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for latest drivers.
- Please check whether the drive where you have installed PowerDirector software has enough space on it. This is because large amount of memory space is required for buffering.
- Make sure that you logged in as an Administrator.
- Sometimes it might be due to other 3rd party codecs installing QuickTime alternative codec that cause the problem. Please follow the steps below to re-install QuickTime software:
- Remove QuickTime from [Control Panel] (Please do not skip this step.)
- Run QuickTimeInstaller.exe within CyberLink PowerDirector installation files.
- If you purchased the download version, you can first uncompress your PowerDirector installation .exe file then find QuickTimeInstaller.exe under the uncompressed folder.
- If you purchased the retail box version, you can open your installation disc folder then find QuickTimeInstaller.exe under PDIR folder.
|Was this information helpful to you?|
|Do you want to add anything else?|
|Thank you. You can also start a discussion on the CyberLink forum or contact CyberLink Customer Support.|
|We're sorry it didn't solve your problem. Please let us know why it was not helpful.|
|It was too much/hard to read.|
|I followed the advice, but it didn’t work.|
|The information was incorrect.|
|It didn’t answer my question.|
|Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.|