Search Knowledge Base
What can I do if CyberLink PowerDirector freezes, crashes, hangs, or closes unexpectedly?
CyberLink PowerDirector isn't performing as expected. CyberLink PowerDirector crashes, stops working, quits unexpectedly, not responding (hangs), or freezes.
There are many reasons that could cause a crash issue. Please try one or more of the following:
- Ensure your CyberLink PowerDirector is up-to-date.
You can check for software updates here.
- Check the minimum system requirements.
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the software.
- Update graphics card driver to the latest.
You can download the latest driver from the AMD / NVIDIA / Intel’s web site. If you have any problem installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
- Check whether the installed drive has enough space on it.
This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering..
- Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator.
If you lack administrator access privileges, the CyberLink application might be unable to access the necessary files it needs.
- Run the application while no other applications are running.
To maximize the available RAM and reduce the chance that another application conflicts with the application, close all open applications (including virus-protection utilities). Then restart your CyberLink program.
- Removing and reinstalling CyberLink software.
Sometimes there may be some problems during the installation. You can try to remove CyberLink PowerDirector from the Control Panel, restart your system, and then re-install the program again. Please ensure you close all other applications while installing CyberLink PowerDirector.
- It is strongly suggested that you frequently save all your projects, files and photos first to prevent any data from going missing. Always restart the computer to refresh its memory after a system error occurs. Continuing to work may make the problem worse.
Note: If you still can’t resolve the problem, you can contact CyberLink Technical Support. Before contacting Technical Support, please prepare and include the information listed here. The more info you provide, the more we can understand your issue and better service will be provided.
|Was this information helpful to you?|
|Do you want to add anything else?|
|Thank you. You can also start a discussion on the CyberLink forum or contact CyberLink Customer Support.|
|We're sorry it didn't solve your problem. Please let us know why it was not helpful.|
|It was too much/hard to read.|
|I followed the advice, but it didn’t work.|
|The information was incorrect.|
|It didn’t answer my question.|
|Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.|