Search Knowledge Base
I have problems installing CyberLink PowerDirector 11 from a disc. What can I do?
If the installer freezes, hangs, or you encounter an error during the installation of CyberLink PowerDirector 11, please check each items below:
1. Install from your local hard drive instead of from the PowerDirector DVD disc.
There are several reasons the installer on the DVD disc may not work correctly.
- The DVD disc is dirty, slightly, scratched, or is covered in fingerprints that cause deterioration of the data.
- The DVD disc is damaged or defective.
- The disc drive is malfunctioning or is incompatible with the disc.
To reduce installation issues with a DVD disc or disc drive, copy the files from the DVD disc to your local hard drive. To do this:
- Check your DVD disc for dirt, dust, and fingerprints. You can use a soft cloth or disc-cleaning kit to clean the disc.
- Create a folder on the C drive C:\ and then name the folder.
Note: DO NOT create the folder on your desktop.
- Insert the CyberLink PowerDirector DVD into the disc drive.
- Right click on the disc drive > select Open (or Explore) to open the disc folder
- Use the hotkey [Ctrl] + [A] on your keyboard to select all of the files and folders on the disc.
- Right click and select Copy (or use the hotkey [Ctrl] + [C]) to copy the selected files.
- Open the folder that you created on C:\ in step 2. Right click and select Paste (or use the hotkey [Ctrl] + [V]) to paste the copied files to your local hard drive.
Note: If there an error occurs during the coping of the files, this might be because the DVD disc is damaged. To request a replacement installation disc, please contact the retail store you purchased it from for assistance.
- After the copy process is complete, open the PDIR directory for PowerDirector 11 Ultra/Ultimate version (open PDR_Suite directory for PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Suite version).
- Right click on setup.exe > select Run as Administrator and then PowerDirector will start to install.
2. Check the minimum system requirements.
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the software. And double check if there is enough disc space for installation (twice the file size space needed for uncompress of the installation files) before starting the installation process.
3. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator.
Log in with a user account that has administrative permissions. If your account lacks administrator access privileges, the CyberLink installer might not be able to access the necessary files and folders it needs.
Note: If you still can’t resolve the problem, you can contact CyberLink Technical Support for assistance. Create a support ticket here. Please prepare and include the information listed here. The more info you provide, the more we can understand your issue and better service will be provided.
- How do I install CyberLink PowerDirector 11?
- General troubleshooting for installing or uninstalling CyberLink PowerDirector 11.
- General troubleshooting the installation for CyberLink PowerDirector 11.