How do I create a System Recovery Disc in CyberLink Power2Go 9?
To back up your computer and burn a system recovery disc, the following components are required. These components should have been installed with a Windows Update. If not, please follow the steps below to install them manually.
Install the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 8
Download and install the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 8 before burning the system recovery disc:
- Download the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 8
- Install Windows ADK*.
Install Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7/Vista/XP
Download and install the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) before burning the system recovery disc:
- Download the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7, it also workable for Vista and XP.
- Burn the downloaded .iso file to a DVD disc or use virtual drive to mount the downloaded .iso file.
- Install Windows AIK.
- The changes will take effect when CyberLink Power2Go is restarted**.
Burn System Recovery Disc
- In the new task window, click the System Recovery option and then select Burn Recovery Disc. The first Burn Recovery Disc wizard window opens.
- Click the Next button to proceed to the next wizard window.
- If required, select your burning drive from the first drop down.
- Select the Disc type you want to back up the Windows files and data on from the drop-down.
- Enter any Backup notes that you may want to include on the recovery discs, such as the computer name or the date the backup was performed.
- Click the Start Backup button to begin backing up your computer and burning the system recovery discs. If more than one disc is required to create the system recovery discs, you will be prompted to insert the next disc to proceed.
- Continue to follow the steps in the wizard windows to finish the backup process. Click Done once finished.
* If the CyberLink Power2Go program cannot detect your installed ADK location properly, please select Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\Assessment and Deployment Kits\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\en-us\winpe.wim in the final step of Burn Recovery Disc.
** If the CyberLinkPower2Go program cannot detect your installed AIK location properly, please select Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\winpe.wim in the final step of Burn Recovery Disc
|Was this information helpful to you?|
|Do you want to add anything else?|
|Thank you. You can also start a discussion on the CyberLink forum or contact CyberLink Customer Support.|
|We're sorry it didn't solve your problem. Please let us know why it was not helpful.|
|It was too much/hard to read.|
|I followed the advice, but it didn’t work.|
|The information was incorrect.|
|It didn’t answer my question.|
|Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.|