When playing back a Blu-ray Disc title, I get the error message: A disc with an unsupported format in drive.
There are three possible scenarios for this issue:
There is a conflict between CyberLink PowerDVD and your antivirus software.
Your Graphics card driver is not fully compatible with BD playback.
The Blu-ray Disc is damaged.
For scenario 1:
- Turn off the antivirus software.
- Reinstall CyberLink PowerDVD 9 and then update it to the latest version.
For scenario 2:
Please download and install the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's website. It is recommended that you do not use the graphics card drivers that are auto installed by Windows.
For scenario 3:
A Blu-ray Disc is easier to scratch and leave fingerprints on compared with a DVD or CD.
Slight scratched or fingerprints cause deterioration of the data error.
- Verify if the Blu-ray Disc entrance surface is scratched or not.
- Insert the Blu-ray Disc into your drive.
- Click Start, and then click Computer.
- Select the your drive and check if Windows can read the files on the disc.
If you still face the same issue, gather the information listed below, and then send it to CyberLink Customer Support.
|Was this information helpful to you?|
|Do you want to add anything else?|
|Thank you. You can also start a discussion on the CyberLink forum or contact CyberLink Customer Support.|
|We're sorry it didn't solve your problem. Please let us know why it was not helpful.|
|It was too much/hard to read.|
|I followed the advice, but it didn’t work.|
|The information was incorrect.|
|It didn’t answer my question.|
|Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.|