Search Knowledge Base
Can YouCam capture my computer's desktop?
Yes. The Desktop Capture feature now lets you capture a video of your mouse movements on your computer's desktop. You can use this feature in both Stand Alone and IM modes, allowing you to record a video or share your desktop movements in a webcam chat.
To capture your desktop movements, do this:
- Select the Desktop Capture button to display the settings window.
• Mouse movement and then a capture area size from the drop-down, to capture/share a fixed area that follows the movement of your mouse.
• Fixed area and then select and drag the displayed box to a specific area of your desktop you would like to capture/share.
• Full screen to capture/share your entire desktop area.
- Select Capture to begin.
- Once you are finished, select Stop and then Restore to return to the CyberLink YouCam main window. If you were capturing a video in Stand Alone mode, the video is placed in the captured content area.
Note: when using this feature on a desktop that extends to a secondary display device,
Desktop Capture can only capture desktop movements on the primary display device.