Welcome to the Learning Center where you can learn the fundamentals of video editing through our step-by-step tutorials.
PowerDirector brings creators and aspiring content producers all the professional tools and features needed to take control of the video production process. With PowerDirector’s high-performance capabilities, users can take their video editing skills to the next level without having to go through a steep learning curve.
This tutorial provides beginners with an overview of Cyberlink PowerDirector’s interface.
1. Upon launching PowerDirector, you can choose between 4 different modes to get started. By selecting Full Mode, you can access all of PowerDirector’s features in its entirety.
2. In Full Mode, you will find 4 tabs near the top of the editor – each representing a key module in PowerDirector. Let’s go through them one by one.
3. The Capture module lets you record and save videos onto your device, e.g., by using a webcam, microphone, or camcorder. Alternatively, you can choose to capture on-screen content by launching Screen Recorder.
4. The Edit module lets you edit video clips via a range of different features, i.e., adding effects, transitions, motion titles and more. You can find the features on the left-hand side of the editor.
5. Upon completing a project, you can choose to produce or share the video in the Produce module, meaning you’ll be able to export videos onto your computer or share them directly on social media platforms.
6. The Create Disc module lets you burn video projects onto a disc; so you can even watch your video productions on a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
Storyboard mode provides a large graphical display, i.e. storyboard, of all your video clips and images on the first track of the timeline. You can order your clips like a storyboard, which makes it easier to see the duration of each clip in comparison to Timeline Mode.
Slideshow Creator Mode
The Slideshow Creator lets you instantly create a photo slideshow in a video format.
Import, make stylistic changes and preview your finished video production in a few simple steps. Auto Mode is perfect for novice movie makers. The "Magic Movie Wizard" can help you make your first movie from scratch.
PowerDirector 18 Essential
Free Software With 30-Day Premium Features