Once you have your video clips, audio files, and images in the editing workspace/timeline you can start editing them. Editing is a broad term that encompasses a number of different functions, including splitting, trimming, and much more.
You have to import media files into CyberLink PowerDirector before you can edit them. There are two ways to import your media: Import Media Files and Import a Media Folder.
The Import Media Files option allows you to import media files individually, while the Import a Media Folder option allows you to import all the media files contained in a specific folder.
1. Click > select Import Media Files.
2. Select the media you want to import and then click Open to continue.
3. The imported media is displayed in the media library.
1. Click > select Import a Media Folder.
2. Browse to the folder you want to import and then click Select Folder to continue.
It is recommended that you place all the media files you want to use in your production in a single folder so that you can quickly locate and keep track of it. A CyberLink PowerDirector project file does not include the actual media you are using for your production, so if you want to use any files/folders that are on an optical disc (CD, DVD, etc.) or a flash drive, it is recommended that you copy these files to your local hard drive first.