We at CyberLink Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’) will handle all user information with respect to the Company’s “U” service and all its related services (hereinafter referred to collectively as the ‘Service’) in accordance with the following.
The Company shall collect following user information:
1) the user’s mobile phone number and email address/ a password for U Service;
2) the phone-book stored on the device;
3) profile information (Service display names, profile photos, messages etc.), full name, and date of birth etc.;
4) users’ credit card information upon first purchase;
6) user’s IP address;
7) device information (OS type, serial number, hardware information etc.) browser type, and browser language.
Purpose of User Information
1) to find people who the user knows, or who know the user;
2) to provide our services to you;
3) for customer service, security, archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of our services;
4) to prevent fraudulent use of the Services by any users;
5) to provide you with better advertising and direct marketing experience;
6) to develop our new services and improve our existing services.
Disclose the Information
The Company will NOT disclose user information to any third parties without the user`s consent, unless it is disclosed to a third party contractor engaged by the Company as set forth below or is otherwise required by laws and regulations of certain jurisdiction the Company is doing business.
Third Party Contractor
The Company may engage a third party contractor to handle the personal information collected from the users to achieve certain purpose concerning the use of the Service, if Company, at its discretion, believe it to be necessary. The Company will reasonably evaluate the eligibility and capability of such third party contractor, execute a confidentiality agreement with it, and make it set up a system to manage the collected information.
Shared Use of Information
The Company may share the user's personal information with a business partner, provided that the Company shall inform the user of the purpose of information sharing, the name of the business partner, and the information to be shared such a business partner.
Measurement of Advertising Effectiveness
To measure the effectiveness of the advertisement, the Company may install third party modules in the smart phone versions of the Services.
No Service provided by the Company is to be used by minors. Consequently, the company will not knowingly collect user information from minors. If, however, the Company, via notice or learn by itself, that it has collected any user information from minors, the Company will deactivate that user account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such user information from our records.