Company - Press Room
CyberLink Launches PowerDVD 8, Introducing New
Ways to Enjoy Movies
Taipei, Taiwan----April 1, 2008----CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solutions provider for the connected digital lifestyle, today launched the latest version of PowerDVD 8. Featuring maximum playback performance in supporting the latest high-definition video and audio formats, CyberLink PowerDVD 8 introduces new ways for consumers to enjoy movies beyond just watching.
Key features in PowerDVD 8 include:
- Support for HD audio and video standards and formats, including AVCHD and Blu-ray Discs.
- Pure Home Theater Audio – lets users enjoy unmatched clarity and purity through their high-definition, 7.1-channel home-entertainment system, or on the go using a notebook.
- Movie Collection – lets users collect information about movies and sync with their online MoovieLive account.
Movie Remix – lets users create their own stories using their favorite DVD movies, rearranging scenes, adding dialog and commentary, subtitles, and on-screen effects.
- MoovieLive.com – the new online community for PowerDVD users to share comments and remixes, publish reviews, and find friends with the same movie taste.
"Now CyberLink PowerDVD 8 not only offers the best movie experience on the PC, it offers a totally new way to get immersed in movie entertainment,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “PowerDVD extends the user experience from the realm of watching movies on the PC to a new online universe of shared experiences. With a built-in database for organizing a movie collection, and the ability to share information, opinions, and remixes via the online community MoovieLive, PowerDVD users now have more ways than ever to enjoy movies."
New Dimensions in Movie Entertainment
PowerDVD 8 ushers in a new concept of creative and shared movie entertainment.
PowerDVD 8 allows users to build a database of their movie collection, and then sync and share information with other PowerDVD users.
- Users manage their movie collection, including movie disc information, personal notes and reviews, can give a star rating to movies, and indicate DVD ownership.
- Access to the MoovieLive website enables users to find information about movies online, as well as sync and share their database with other PowerDVD users.
- Access to MoovieLive is free, and users can log in with their existing CyberLink Member Program details.
Users can create stories from their favorite movies by selecting scenes and the order in which they want them played, and adding personal touches such as:
- Animated graphics to stress a particular event in the movie
- New voice-overs, for alternate dialogs or commentary
- Personalized subtitles with adjustable font color, size, and shading.
Remix files can be used creatively in recording an audio commentary instead of writing a review, or create a new story out of a DVD title. Remix files can be uploaded from PowerDVD and shared via MoovieLive.com.
PowerDVD 8 lets users connect with each other via the web-based community MoovieLive.com, CyberLink’s dedicated online platform. MoovieLive extends the movie experience by allowing users to gather and share movie information, and even make friends with each other across the world.
Features of the online community include:
- Users can download DVD info to quickly enhance their collection, or upload DVD info and contribute to the collections of other users.
- MoovieLive lets PowerDVD users make friends and interact with others who share similar interests; users can write reviews and rate movies, post
comments and see what others have to say.
- MoovieLive lets users upload and download movie remixes to be shared with other PowerDVD users.
Video Formats Support
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- MPEG-2 HD
- SMPTE VC-1
Disc Formats Support
- Blu-ray Discs: BD-Video profile 1.1, AVCHD
- DVDs: DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-VR, DVD+VR
- CDs: VCD, SVCD, Audio CD
- Product Availability
CyberLink PowerDVD 8 is now available online and will be available in retail shops beginning May, supporting the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), German, French, Italian, Korean, and Spanish. CyberLink also offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Online Versions
- PowerDVD 8 Ultra USD 99.95 / Euro79.99
- PowerDVD 8 Deluxe USD 69.95 / Euro 59.99
- PowerDVD 8 USD 49.95 / Euro 39.99
CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Upgrade Online Versions (from version 7 to 8)
- Upgrade to PowerDVD 8 Ultra (Starting) USD 59.95 / Euro 49.99
- Upgrade to PowerDVD 8 Deluxe (Starting) USD 29.95 / Euro 24.99
CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Upgrade Online Versions (from version 6 to 8)
- Upgrade to PowerDVD 8 Ultra (Starting) USD 79.95 / Euro 69.99
- Upgrade to PowerDVD 8 Deluxe (Starting) USD 39.95 / Euro 34.99
Media Kit (including box shot and screenshots)
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include applications for Blu-ray Discs and DVDs, Digital Home entertainment, Mobile TV, and human resource development. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at http://www.cyberlink.com
USA: Andy Marken at Andy@Markencom.com or by phone at: +14089860100
Germany: Dunja Helene Derenk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone + 49-821-34300-21.
Corporate: Renee Chen or Manal Ma at http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/contactus/contact_pr.jsp or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 2301 or 2303 for more details.
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2008 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.