Company - Press Room
CyberLink Launches PowerDVD 11 – the Universal Player for All Your Media on PC, Device, Home & Social Cloud
Play Blu-ray discs, DVDs, video files, music and photos and now take your entertainment experience beyond the PC, with new apps for your iPhone, iPad and Android devices
Taipei, Taiwan—April 21, 2011—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) today released PowerDVD 11, the latest version of the award-winning media playback software for PCs. A universal player, PowerDVD 11 is designed to be the only application you’ll need to view Blu-ray and DVD movies, videos, photos and listen to music.
PowerDVD 11 introduces a multitude of new features including support for playback and transfer of content from the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android phones and slates to PC. In addition to smart device content, PowerDVD also facilitates the playback of remote media from sources such as DLNA servers and social networking sites like Facebook, Flickr and YouTube.
“While the PC remains central to the digital entertainment experience, portable devices and online content are playing increasingly important roles,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “PowerDVD 11 smoothes the flow between the PC, smart devices and online content so that users can get the most out of their digital entertainment anywhere.”
Media playback wouldn’t be complete without top quality audio, and PowerDVD 11 takes this to the next level with a premium 5.1-channel DTS audio experience across all three retail versions, as well as new Dolby Digital Plus support for MP4 files.
Key Features in PowerDVD 11
- Play any HD media: Whether it’s Blu-ray, upscaled DVDs, videos or photos, PowerDVD 11 can play them all flawlessly with optimized CPU/GPU hardware acceleration. And new ultra-fast Instant Seek lets you search for movie scenes in your DVDs in a flash.
- Play any 3D media: Experience the hottest new movie and video technology with Blu-ray 3D and native 3D video support. You can even convert your 2D DVDs, videos and photos and enjoy them in 3D.
- Play media from anywhere: From Apple and Android devices through to online media, DLNA server content, and Blu-ray and DVD discs, PowerDVD 11 plays it all.
- Play in upscaled quality: CyberLink’s unique TrueTheater™ enhancements allow you to upscale the image quality of your movies, videos, while TrueTheater™ Surround gives you a surround sound experience using only stereo speakers.
- Play social media: Watch TrueTheater™-enhanced video from YouTube and view Facebook and Flickr photos and slideshows all from the one application. Easy, convenient and a great time-saver – no more searching!
PowerDVD 11 users with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android devices are able to download and install the PowerDVD Remote app enabling them to remotely control PowerDVD playback of Blu-ray and DVD movies, videos, photos and music from the comfort of their sofa.
Key Features of PowerDVD Remote
- Remote controller for PowerDVD: Turn your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device into a wireless remote to control your Blu-ray discs and DVD titles from anywhere
- Video and photos to PC: Wirelessly play and save your smart device’s videos and photos to your PC and enjoy them on the bigger screen
- Wireless mouse pad: Turn your smart device into a mouse pad to control your PC
- Multi-touch control: Remotely rotate and zoom-in photos with multi-touch control
PowerDVD 11 is available online, supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Russian and Portuguese. CyberLink offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers, while a free trial download is also available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink PowerDVD 11 Versions
PowerDVD 11 Ultra: US $99.95
PowerDVD 11 Deluxe: US $69.95
PowerDVD 11 Standard: US $49.95
Upgrades for previous PowerDVD versions are available starting at $29.95
PowerDVD Remote can be found on the Apple App Store and Android Market supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Russian and Portuguese.
CyberLink PowerDVD Remote Versions
PowerDVD Remote (for PowerDVD 11 Standard version users): US $4.99
PowerDVD Remote FREE (for PowerDVD 11 Ultra/Deluxe users): FREE
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs, CEs and mobile devices through the use of video editing software, video player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: top-5 desktop and notebook providers, optical drive manufacturers and graphic-card makers. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Disc playback and creation; digital home entertainment; and touch-enabled media solution. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at www.cyberlink.com.
Corporate: Joyce Wu at email@example.com or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 2454
CyberLink Japan: Akiko Iwasaki at firstname.lastname@example.org
CyberLink USA: Steve Alten at email@example.com or by phone: +1-503-784-1193
Germany: Volker Maxisch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +31-43-306-0797
France: Hervé Delemarre at email@example.com or by phone: +33 (0)1 41104111
United Kingdom: Maggie Zaboura at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +44-1491-639-172