Leading Innovation in Multimedia Technology
Evolving from SD, HD, 3D to 4K and VR/360
Taipei, Taiwan—November 7, 2016 — CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW),the world’s leading consumer multimedia software company, celebrates its 20th anniversary this November. Founded in 1996, CyberLink continues to invest and stay at the forefront of industry trends, from SD, HD and 3D, to the latest 4K and VR/360 technologies. The company is known for its comprehensive family of multimedia software products such as PowerDVD, PowerDirector, PhotoDirector, Power2Go and YouCam. To celebrate two decades of innovation and leadership, CyberLink launched a micro-site to honor its 20-year anniversary, providing a storewide 20% off promotion on its online store.
With over 300 patented technologies, CyberLink has continuously revolutionized the way users experience multimedia. The company’s visionary outlook has allowed it to grow rapidly and develop cutting-edge solutions for media creation, digital entertainment and business productivity. The latest development of CyberLink is to enable VR/360 video technology to its media player software, PowerDVD, and video editing software solutions, PowerDirector and ActionDirector.
“We are constantly looking for new ways to push the boundaries enabling people to create and play with their digital media,” said Dr. Jau Huang, Chairman and CEO of CyberLink. “One of Taiwan’s top 20 global brands, CyberLink released nine new products in 2016, and received PC Magazine’s Editors’ Choice award for the eleventh time. This month marks the 20th anniversary of CyberLink’s founding, offering the perfect time to thank our loyal customers for the fantastic support they’ve shown us over the years.”
As the development of 360 and VR technologies is accelerating and quickly becoming an industry-changing phenomenon, multiple brands are introducing affordable 360-degree cameras and accessories. Popular mass media channels, like Facebook, YouTube and Google all now support 360-degree content, and CyberLink is committed to bringing advanced and powerful yet intuitive digital media software for everyone to enjoy the creation and playback of VR/360 video.
- Since 1997, CyberLink has launched 60 products, available in 200 generations and versions.
- PowerDVD – The first version of PowerDVD, then known as Media Power Player, launched in 1997. The 16th version of PowerDVD was released in March 2016, bringing new features such as streaming to ChromeCast, AppleTV and Roku, a modern TV mode and the playback of 360-degree videos. Over 20 years, CyberLink has sold over 300 million copies of PowerDVD, in addition to pre-installing it on billions of new PCs. Just in time for its latest version’s launch, the company broke the Guinness World Record for binge watching, achieving 94 hours of uninterrupted TV, all streamed from PowerDVD
- PowerDirector – The first version of PowerDirector was released in 2001. The recently launched version 15 supports 360-degree and 9:16 vertical video editing. PowerDirector has received 7 Editors’ Choice awards from PC Magazine and is a 10-time winner of Taiwan Symbol of Excellence Award.
- PhotoDirector – CyberLink made a noticeable entrance in the photo editing space when it introduced PhotoDirector in 2011. In addition to running on Windows computers, PhotoDirector was the company’s first software compatible with Mac OS. The recently launched version 8 is routinely compared as a top alternative to the incumbent leader.
- Director Suite – CyberLink first released its all-inclusive Director Suite of creative software in 2011. It includes PowerDirector, PhotoDirector, AudioDirector and ColorDirector in a value-packed offer, extending the company’s products appeal to semi-pros and commercial videographers.
- Mobile Apps – CyberLink released its first mobile app – MediaStory in 2010. Since then, the company has introduced another 14 apps on Android, iOS and Windows mobile platforms, including PhotoDirector and PowerDirector Mobile which have combined downloads approaching 28 million to date. The company’s key success in the mobile space is its beauty apps YouCam Makeup and YouCam Perfect. In just over 2 years, they have reached a combined 300 million downloads, making them the world’s most popular beauty apps. CyberLink spun off its beauty products to a sister company named Perfect Corp in June 2015.
- Cloud Services & Subscription – CyberLink launched user communities DirectorZone and MoovieLive in 2007. These popular sites are platforms on which users exchange tips and tricks about digital media creation and movies respectively. More than 5 million Director Zone members have contributed over 640,000 effects since its launch. In 2013, CyberLink introduced a subscription option for PowerDVD – named Live – together with its CyberLink Cloud service. Director Suite Live followed in 2014.
To celebrate these key milestones, CyberLink is introducing an exclusive anniversary sale, giving customers big discounts on its award-winning multimedia products, including CyberLink’s two flagship products in the Play & Create catalogue: the world’s top-selling media playback solution, PowerDVD
, and the award-winning video editor, PowerDirector
. For more information, please visit CyberLink Anniversary Sale
CyberLink (5203.TW)is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people enjoy and create media on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories. Further information about CyberLink can be found atcyberlink.com.
Corporate: Chloe Wu at email@example.com or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 1124
CyberLink Japan: Hiroyuki Imazawa at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: +81-3-5875-6650
CyberLink USA: Allie Tedone at email@example.com or by phone at +1 (646) 571-0120
Germany: Volker Maxisch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +31-43-306-0797
France: Laëtitia D’Urso at email@example.com or by phone:+33-(0)1 79 30 90 39
United Kingdom: Volker Maxisch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +31-43-306-0797
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2016 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.