Employers are urged to allow workers flex time to vote in the midterm elections
San Jose, Calif. — November 2, 2018 — CyberLink Corp.(5203.TW),today announced a new nonpartisan initiative to get workers out of the office to vote in the midterm elections this Nov. 6. Sending out a call to action to employers and workers around the country, CyberLink is encouraging bosses to let their employees work from home on election day to make the voting process easier. To boost participation, CyberLink is offering a free 2-year PRO account for their unified communication tool, U, to the company who has the most employees vote this year.
To enter to win the PRO account, employees must tag their own company and CyberLink U in a post on Instagram (@cyberlinkofficial) with the hashtag #IvoteUwin, proving that they voted by showing their absentee ballot mailed in or their “I Voted” sticker on election day.
With the average commute time in the US being close to 30 minutes and no federal law that requires employers to give their employees time off to go to the polls, work can be a major interference in Americans casting their vote. Allowing employees to work from home on election day is a major factor in getting more people to participate in the democratic process, and CyberLink’s U is the perfect way to stay in touch with colleagues or bosses while working remote.
“It can be extremely challenging for American workers to find the time to vote when they’re required to be at the office during the majority of voting hours, and many employees work too far from home to vote during their lunch hour,” said Richard Carriere, SVP of Global Marketing at CyberLink. “With U and the #IvoteUwin initiative, we’re aiming to help more Americans work from home while remaining productive and connected with their co-workers, so they can get to the polls on Nov. 6 and have their voices heard in the midterms.”
Replacing outdated web conferencing systems, U provides a simple and easy-to-use solution for virtual meetings, webinars and group messaging wherever you are and on any device. Its three main features include U Messenger, U Meeting and U Webinar. The platform offers a forum for easy team collaboration with drag-and-drop file sharing, high-definition browser-based video meetings for up to 100 participants and webinars with screen sharing, PowerPoint integration, live annotations and more.
CyberLink’s U, in addition to serving as a complete solution for remote workers, is the most intuitive and robust unified communication tool for any office providing the instruments to increase productivity and office communication.
Key Features of U
- High quality HD video meetings with up to 100 participants
- Browser-based meetings with no download required for participants, so meetings start on time
- Lag-free, high frame rate screen sharing
- Compatible with Outlook and Google Calendar scheduling
- Full Microsoft PowerPoint integration, in addition to screen sharing capabilities
- Mix and arrange PowerPoint content and other sources (i.e. webcam, desktop sharing, white board etc.) effortlessly
- Jump through slides in any order to adjust presentations on-the-fly and add live annotations
- Engage both in-room and remote audiences simultaneously
- Record presentations during live broadcasts or offline
- Edit pre-recorded webinars on a modular (slide-by-slide) basis
- Schedule a pre-recorded session to play on a dedicated URL at a specific time
- Create simple team rooms for easy communication and file sharing
- Bring your messages to life and enhance team spirit with a range of engaging stickers
- Share files with simple drag 'n' drop function
- Create surveys and polls in groups
- Create forums for business discussion and send bulletins to group members
- Available instantly on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile
U is available today from the U website in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean.
U provides different subscription plans tailored to particular business requirements. For meetings and webinars, plans are available according to the number of participants and session duration needed. A free version of U offers meetings and webinars for up to 25 participants for a maximum of 50 minutes and 60 minutes respectively.
CyberLink (5203.TW) is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people enjoy and create media on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories. Further information about CyberLink can be found at cyberlink.com.
Corporate: Steven Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 2468
CyberLink Japan: Hiroyuki Imazawa at email@example.com or by phone at: +81-3-5875-6650
CyberLink USA: Kara Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 (646) 571-0120
Germany: Stefan Winter at email@example.com or by phone at +49-531-3873316
France: Laëtitia D’Urso at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone:+33-(0)1 79 30 90 39
United Kingdom: Steven Lien at email@example.com or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 2468
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2018 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.