All-in-one Disc Burning - Now with Social Media Backup & System Recovery
Power2Go delivers reliable, high-performance disc burning & copying for CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs. Burn all your data, rip and covert music and create exciting video DVDs. Download and back up your photos and video from YouTube, Facebook and more. Easy-to-use and packed with innovative features, Power2Go is the smart choice for all your disc burning needs.
|Procedure for Software Update Download and Installation|
Unless noted, software updates provided on this page are exclusively for retail and online purchased versions only. To check for updates for hardware bundled versions, locate the "About" dialog in the software, and then click on the "Upgrade" button. In the Upgrade dialog click the "Update" tab to see if there are any updates available. Also note that the software will pop up a notification periodically when there is an update available.
Updates Power2Go 9 to build 0809
Install this patch update to improve program performance. For more detailed information, hover your mouse over the “i” icon on the right.
Updates Power2Go 8 to build 2126b
Install this patch update to improve the stability of the virtual drive. For more detailed information, hover your mouse over the “i” icon on the right”.
Updates: This file updates Power2Go 8 to build 2126a.
Note: CyberLink Power2Go 8 is required before installation of this update.
Updates: This update file updates Power2Go 8.0 to 8.0 build 1306.
Updates: This update file updates Power2Go 7.0.0 to 7.0.0 build 111827.
Updates: This update file updates Power2Go 7.0.0 to 7.0.0 build 101027.
Power2Go 6 updates for the HLDS version of Power2Go 6: This update is for HLDS customers that want to update to the Power2Go 6 (OEM version) Windows 7 compatible build.
- Fixes Windows 7 compatibility issues for Power2Go.
This update only applies to OEM versions of CyberLink Power2Go 6 with the following SR numbers:
- CDS090714-08, CDS090615-01, CDS090520-02
- CDS090410-01, CDS090401-01
- Make sure HLDS drive is connected to the system.
- End user must have the previous version installed on their PC.
- The HLDS drive model should be on the below list.
- GH22NP20, GH22LP20
- GH22NS30, GH22LS30
- GH22NS40, GH22LS40
- GH24NS50, GH24LS50
- GH22NS50(Brand), GH22LS50
- GH22NS50(LGEJP), GP08LU10
- GP08LU11, GE20NU11
- GE20LU11, GP08NU20
Updates: This update file updates Power2Go 6.0.0 to 6.0.0 build 3108.
- Fixed the "Disc is empty" issue received when copying a disc, especially when user only has one disc drive.
- Fixed the issue when the Power2Go Express mode (4 cube) icon on the right side corner of the desktop disappears and is disabled when returning form hibernation mode.
- Fixed the issue where users cannot play, via "AutoList.asx" (playlist), a burned WMA/MP3 disc if the source files have a Unicode file name.
- Fixed the issue where the read speed is shown incorrectly in the Save Disc Image when the source disc is inserted into an HLDS GGW-H10N drive.
Power2Go 5.5 Next-Gen
Updates: This patch file updates Power2Go 5.0/5.5 to 5.5.1 build 2608 which is fully compatible with Windows Vista OS.
- Fully supports Windows Vista OS
- Power2Go pops up "Audio Transcoding error(s)..." message when importing DVR-MS format files to burn an Audio CD, CD Extra or Mixed Mode CD disc.
- Audio CD: When inserting a blank CD all imported wav files become grayed out in user interface.
- The Auto Play dialog pops up after quick erase or full erase.
- File system is not updated when inserting disc with content while Config/Info dialog is launched.
- Save Disc Image: Characters will be cut if a user inputs "." as a file name.
- Save Disc Image: The "ISO Image File (*.iso)" option should be hidden if Power2Go doesn't allow user to save image as this type.
- Music: Sorting tabs does not work.
- Data: Power2Go fails to burn 4,586,112KB onto a DVD+R/RW disc.
- Data: Disc is still blank if inserting a blank disc after prompt to change disc due to different file system.
UDF Reader: After downloading and installing it, you can browse the disc made by Power2Go with UDF 2.5 file system, without installing InstantBurn in advance.
Updates: This patch file updates Power2Go 5.0 to 5.5.1914
- Video burning failed with Samsung DVDRW SSM-8515S.
- Power2Go poped-up invalid file message if video clip is imported from optical media.
- Copy error of Full size BD-ROM/BD-R happened when target is BD-RE.
- Power2Go couldn't append BD-R.
- Power2Go would show error message when loading BD-RE disc(UDF2.50).
- Please do not display "Maximum read speed" and "Maximum write speed", when there is no disc in the drive.
- Please do not display the contents of the folder auto, when drag and drop a file to shell.
- Windows Explorer would show pop-up when trying to open BD-RE disc(Over25GB) contents.
- After rejecting the burnt disc which was loading the video clip, the dialog of cancelling the caching files was blocked
- The elapsed time kept running when user is changing disc for next burning.
- The elapsed time kept running when user is changing disc for next burning.
- Copy Disc:P2Go would not verify recorded disc.
- P2Go would eject the DVD tray while either Saving Disc Image or Copying Disc on LiteOn SOHD-16P9SV drive.
New features include:
- Support TSST WST(writing strategy).
- Supoort Check in IVendUniqueTech class.
- Support Securited data disc burning.
- Support "Copy whole disc" on DVD RAM/+RW and BD-RE.
- Support UDF2.6 on BD-R POW mode.
- Extend Tool Tip explanation to more controls
Updates: This patch file updates Power2Go 4.0 to 4.2.2329
- During video encoding, launching a saved project caused program GPF (General Protection Fault)
- Closing P2G during importing audio files caused program GPF (General Protection Fault)
- After switching from Data CD to Data DVD module, the UI did not change
- Power2Go could not copy CD TEXT of Japanese normally
- DVD-Video: Power2Go did not block users from burning DVD-Video on DVD-RAM disc
- MP3: The burned MP3 had no sound, if the file had a bitrate of 256kbps
- Power2Go 4.2 Express mode had conflicts with Panasonic RAM Driver
- ISO image files with file size larger than 650 MB could not be burned on DVD disc
- Copy Disc: The source disc was ejected while burning is reading data
- Data Copy: It took very long time to wait Power2Go to stop "Verify" action
- The imported MP3 did not have sound output if its bitrate is 320kbps
- Data Disc: A single file with file size 4.3 GB could not be burned under Express mode
- Missing pop-up window to ask users to accept or reject overwriting of identical files on disc
- Problems launching PowerMode after copying discs in ExpressMode
- Ripping audio files to WMA format resulting in output files with poor audio quality
- Closing the "Configuration/Information" window caused MS Windows GP (general protection) error to appear
- MP3 bitrate became 320Kbps if bitrate was converted from 64Kbps to 192Kbps
- Burning process might fail if using UDF file system to burn data on DVD+RW disc
- Invalid file size if UDF file system is used to burn a single data file with size larger than 4GB
- CD/DVDW TS-L632B TM30 and Melody 2x DVD-RW disc burning failure occurred
- CD/DVDW TS-L632B TM30 and MKM 2-4x DVD-RW, burning failure occurred
- CDDVDW TS-L632B TM30 and RiTEK 3x DVD-RAM, burned data failed to pass file comparison test
- CD/DVDW TS-L632B TM30 and Imation 2X DVD-RW, the burned data could not be copied onto HDD
- DV-W28EA S.0A and DVD-R, it took about 5 minutes (after simulation was 100%) for Power2Go to pop up expected dialog (ask if user wants to continue burning)
- Power2Go showed insufficient disc space when trying to burn 650MB data onto LG 700MB CD-RW
- DVDRW SHW-1635S Y1T1 and DVD-R, simulation failed in second session (with UDF 2.0)
- DVDRW SHW-1635S Y1S1 and DVD-R DL, verification was failed at 2nd session
- Split discs
- Audio normalization
- Audio track and album info
- DVD auto-fit
- Adds Plextor AutoStrategy II & MediaQualityCheck function
- Video/Photo: In "Preview Window" the UI has been enhanced
- HighMAT technology -- files encoded to JPG, WMV, WMA
- Integrated DVD authoring -- with alpha-blending menus
- Extra-Long Disc Support -- allows burning of up to 99 minutes (870 MB) on a CD-R disc
- UDF 1.5/2.0 support
- Improved drive compatibility
- Note: GPF is short for General Protection Fault, which is a computer condition that causes a Windows application to crash. The most common cause of a GPF is two applications trying to use the same block of memory, or more specifically, one application trying to use memory assigned to another application.
Updates: This patch file updates Power2Go 3.0 to 3.1.0601