Taipei, Taiwan----April 24, 2008----CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solutions provider for the connected digital lifestyle, today announced the release of CyberLink YouCam 2, the webcam software that enriches videos with animations and effects.
"CyberLink YouCam 2 is about facilitating better, more personal and real-time communication using a webcam," said Alice H. Chang, CyberLink CEO. "With the new features, YouCam is an effective webcam tool that can be used creatively for both fun and work."
Two Modes in One Application
YouCam comes in two modes: Live Chat Mode and Video Recording Mode. In the Live Chat mode, YouCam supports major instant messaging software, allowing users to overlay video effects, webcam emoticons, and even use head-tracking avatars to amuse friends.
In the Video Recording Mode, YouCam is a fun and quick way to record video clips or photo snapshots with the same set of fun effects in the Live Chat Mode. Recorded videos and captured photos can be uploaded to YouTube™ or emailed directly to others.
YouCam ups the ante as a fun way to talk via instant messaging software. A library of video effects, including the new head-tracking 3D avatars, allows users to add more visual interest and humor as they chat. Hundreds of free effects are available for download online from the DirectorZone website http://www.cyberlink.com/YouCam/ .
As productivity software, YouCam allows users to present PowerPoint and photo files as they chat online. The new drawing tools enable users to highlight important content by marking their presentations and videos directly on the screen.
New features of YouCam 2 include:
Live Chat and Video Recording Modes
- Live chat supporting popular messaging services Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, and AOL Instant Messenger.
- Multiple recording modes that give users more control over the time they start recording: timed recording, time-lapse recording, motion-detection recording, and live recording.
- Uploading of captured videos to YouTube™, or direct emailing of videos and photos from within YouCam.
- Support for high-definition webcams in recording mode
- Live presentation of PowerPoint and photo files through instant messaging, allowing users to share and discuss content without having to email or access from other sites.
- Drawing tools (stamps and paintbrushes) for drawing directly on live video, or on presentations or photos as they are being shared.
- Output of captured snapshots to a local printer.
Live Video Effects
- 3D avatars with face recognition and feature tracking technology that translates a user’s expressions into a hilarious conversation.
- More frames, filters, distortions, and emotion effects for enhancing chats, for recording videos and taking photo snapshots.
- Free effects for download from the DirectorZone website http://www.cyberlink.com/YouCam/
CyberLink YouCam is available online in the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), German, Japanese, French, Italian, Korean, and Spanish. Multi-license packs allow users to install their software on two different computers. CyberLink also offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers.
More information is available online:
Versions and Pricing
CyberLink YouCam is available online in the following configurations:
- YouCam 2 (single user) USD 34.95 and Euro 29.99 (incl. VAT)
- YouCam 2 (2-license pack) USD 49.95 and Euro 39.99 (incl. VAT)
- YouCam 2 (4-license pack) USD 69.95 and Euro 55.99 (incl. VAT)
YouCam 2 can be purchased online:
Media Kit (including box shot and screenshots)
YouCam 2 Media Kit
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. Today, CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. CyberLink Software Solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs, Digital Home entertainment, Mobile TV and eHRD solutions. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at http://www.cyberlink.com
USA: Andy Marken at Andy@Markencom.com
or by phone at: +14089860100
Germany: Dunja Helene Derenk at email@example.com
or by phone + 49-821-34300-21.
Corporate: Renee Chen or Manal Ma at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 2301 or 2303 for more details.
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for
purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2008 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.