CyberLink has a cleaner tool that can resolve most of the installation issues you may face. The error messages listed below may occur during installation, and can be resolved with the CyberLink Cleaner Tool:
Note that there are two common installation issues you may face. You should use the correct version of CLCleaner to resolve these installation issues. Follow the below guidelines to determine which version of CLCleaner you should use.
Scenario 1: If you can’t to install an "upgrade version" of PowerDirector 12, you should use CLCleaner-PowerDirector_11.0.exe or CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.exe..., depending on which previous version of PowerDirector you have installed (are upgrading from).
Scenario 2: You were unsuccessfully able to install the "full or patch version" of CyberLink PowerDirector 12. To fix this, use CLCleaner-PowerDirector_12.0.exe
OK, now you are ready to download CLCleaner tool for CyberLink PowerDirector.
How do I use CyberLink Cleaner Tool?
The following steps will guide you through the use of the CyberLink Cleaner Tool, which can help resolve CyberLink program installation issues.
1) Quit the PowerDirector programs, if it is running.
2) In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs.
3) Select CyberLink PowerDirector from the list of currently installed programs, then click Remove.
4) After the program is uninstalled, restart your computer.
Note: Skip this step if you encountered error during the un-installation.
Note: The CyberLink Cleaner Tool does not entirely remove a CyberLink program, but helps resolve the installation issues.
If above steps still cannot solve your issue, continue with the following troubleshooting steps:
Go to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\
Delete the CyberLink PowerDirector 12 folder and previous version's folder
If you cannot delete the folder, try the following steps:
1) Press Ctrl + Shift + Escat the same time to access the Task Manager
2) Switch to Process tab
3) Delete related processes that are running in the background.
For example: process for PowerDirector 12 and previous version may be called PDR12.exe, and PDRHanumanSvr.exe...etc.
4) Go back to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\
5) Try deleting the PowerDirector 12 and previous version folders again.
Restart your computer.
Reinstall CyberLink PowerDirector.