How do I capture video from a TV, VCR player, DVD player or camcorder to PowerProducer?
First, you need to connect the TV/VCR/DVD/Camcorder to your computer. The instructions below are general guidelines for doing this, however we recommend you consult your TV Tuner Card or Capture Card manual for more detailed information.
- Television (requires a TV Tuner card):
- Connect the TV cable to the Tuner port of the TV Tuner card.
- Connect the audio cable from the Audio Out of the TV Tuner card to the Line In port of the sound card. If your sound card has no Line In port, try the Microphone port.
- VCR player, DVD player or camcorder (requires TV Tuner card or video capture card):
- Connect the AV connector or video cable of any of these devices to the Video In of the video capture card.
- Connect the audio cable of any of these devices to the Line In of the sound card. If your sound card has no Line In port, try the Microphone port.
Once the correct connections have been made, PowerProducer will automatically detect your hardware device.