Introducing Gear 360 ActionDirector
Gear 360 ActionDirector is top of the line 360° video editing software designed specifically for and included with your Samsung Gear 360 camera.
Gear 360 ActionDirector assists Gear 360 users by importing and automatically stitching videos and photos shot from your Gear 360, and provides several essential editing functions such as trimming, adding titles and creating transitions in your videos – and the best part is, ActionDirector excels at 360° video editing!
In this tutorial, we will give you a brief introduction to Gear 360 ActionDirector.
Upon launching ActionDirector, you will see the following start-up menu, and from here you can choose to edit:
- 360° VR video: import 360° videos, add 360° effects, and then share directly to social platforms that support 360° video, such as Youtube or Facebook
- HD video: import 2D videos captured from your smartphone, digital camera or action camera, and you can use ActionDirector to edit these as well
Click on the “360 VR Video” icon to enter into Gear 360 ActionDirector’s editing interface, and from here you will see the following:
- Media Room: here you can import your 360° videos and photos taken from your Gear 360
- Titles/Transitions: you can switch rooms here if you would like to add titles or transitions (between clips) into your video
- Preview Window: you can preview your content as you edit, from the Media Room or the Story Board here
- Story Board: here is where your story comes alive, you can drop your footage, titles and transitions and edit for the perfect sequence
- Music: need a little ambiance? No problem, you can add background music by clicking this button here
- Produce: when your work has been completed, you can produce your video here!
Next, you can move onto the following tutorials for more in depth explanations of each feature for Gear 360 ActionDirector, that we just went over: