Company - Press Room
CyberLink Licenses SRS TruSurround XT for PowerDVD XP 4.0
Deluxe Version of PowerDVD XP 4.0 is the First Software Universal Player to Feature SRS TruSurround XT, The Established Standard for Virtual Surround Sound
Taipei, Taiwan and Santa Ana, California----March 8, 2002----CyberLink Corp., a leading developer of digital video entertainment and e-training solutions, and SRS Labs, Inc., a leading worldwide provider of innovative audio and voice technology solutions, today announced the licensing of SRS® TruSurround XT® by CyberLink for inclusion in PowerDVD XP 4.0, the exciting new version of the world's most popular DVD playback software for the personal computer. TruSurround XT technology is included as a premiere feature in the Deluxe retail version of PowerDVD XP 4.0 and is also available in an audio pack option offered to CyberLink's customers. PowerDVD XP 4.0, which also supports playback of MP3, MPEG-1 & 2, and virtually any DVD and CD formats, is the first software universal media player to feature SRS Labs' patented TruSurround XT technology.
SRS TruSurround XT creates a virtual 5.1 surround sound experience through two-speaker audio systems, including PC speakers and headphones, from any multi-channel encoded audio format, including Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Surround. TruSurround XT utilizes SRS Dialog Clarity Enhancement and TruBass®, patented algorithms from SRS Labs that combine to provide listeners with a completely immersive audio experience. Another powerful feature of TruSurround XT is that it also includes the award-winning WOW™ audio enhancement technology that creates stunning 3D sound from stereo material, such as CD audio tracks and MP3s.
"SRS TruSurround XT is a perfect example of the performance enhancements and state-of-the-art features that establish PowerDVD, now in its fourth generation, as the de facto standard in DVD entertainment on the PC. With the new PowerDVD XP 4.0, consumers are able to experience TruSurround XT's stereo output enhancements with powerful immersive virtual surround sound over any pair of stereo speakers, or even smaller PC speakers," according to Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "We selected SRS Labs' TruSurround XT not only for the quality audio experience but also for the brand value and the fact that it is the leading surround virtualizer in the DVD hardware market, especially in Japan."
"The combination of Cyberlink's DVD software and our audio technology creates a powerful product for all consumers who play DVDs over a personal computer, " says Tom Yuen, Chairman and CEO of SRS Labs. "We are very pleased that Cyberlink chose TruSurround XT as their standard virtual audio technology feature and welcome them as an SRS Labs licensee. The adoption of TruSurround by many of the world's leading manufacturers of hardware and software products, such as Sony, Philips, Pioneer, RCA, Toshiba and now Cyberlink, continues to validate TruSurround's position as The Established Standard for Virtual Surround Sound."
TruSurround XT is the latest in the family of TruSurround Technologies. Based upon its patented predecessor and namesake, TruSurround XT also solves the problem of playing 5.1 multi-channel content over two speakers, but it also includes industry first features, such as Dialog Clarity and Bass Enhancement.
TruSurround XT is a combination of four distinct and patented processing techniques from SRS Labs:
· Dialog Clarity Enhancement: This SRS technology solves the problem of unclear movie dialog. Playback of dialog in home theater environments often suffers due to competing signals from other speakers. In addition, feature film content is mixed specifically for cinema playback. When translated through home systems or computers, dialog may become unintelligible. This SRS algorithm enhances signal clarity to address these problems, thus improving dialog intelligibility from all such source material.
· TruSurround: This is the core technology upon which TruSurround XT was created. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two speaker playback system, including internal television speakers and headphones. It is fully compatible with all multi-channel formats up to 6.1 channels and carries Dolby certification. TruSurround has quickly become a reference standard in home theater and is strongly supported and licensed by leading DVD, set-top box, A/V receiver and television manufacturers worldwide
· TruBass: TruBass enhances bass performance utilizing proprietary psychoacoustic techniques. These techniques restore the perception of fundamental low frequency tones by dynamically augmenting harmonics, which are more easily reproduced by contemporary loudspeakers.
· WOW: WOW is an award winning stereo enhancement technology that significantly improves the performance of stereo (non-surround sound encoded material) signals through any two speaker system, including headphones. It extends the sound image in both the horizontal and vertical planes well beyond the speakers themselves. In addition, WOW incorporates TruBass and Dialog Clarity Enhancement. When TruSurround XT accepts a stereo signal, WOW is enabled for a better listening experience. WOW is also used by Microsoft in their new Media Player for Windows XP and Windows Media Player 7.
PowerDVD XP 4.0 is the latest evolution of the world acclaimed DVD software program that offers maximum video and audio playback entertainment on the PC. It comes complete with numerous customizable video controls, such as Screen Capture, Auto-Resume Playback, adjustable Color Cast Controls, and much more, to deliver the highest quality viewing experience. To provide you with a high level of audio enjoyment, PowerDVD XP 4.0 Deluxe now offers advanced new features, such as SRS TruSurround XT, DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Pro Logic II, and more, in addition to rich Dolby Digital and Dolby Headphone Technology. As well, PowerDVD XP 4.0 Deluxe offers advanced navigation and interactive user controls, such as a customizable Toolbar Navigator, the ability to shuttle Forward/Backward at up to 32x the normal speed, changeable Skin designs (with minimized versions), Mouse Scroll Settings, Import/Export Bookmark function, and much more. PowerDVD XP 4.0 Deluxe is guaranteed to deliver the highest quality and personalized DVD playback experience possible on the PC today!
PowerDVD XP is available in the following retail and OEM bundled versions:
· PowerDVD XP 4.0 Deluxe (Available for Retail and OEM): This is a complete version of PowerDVD XP 4.0 with all available video, audio and navigational features included. DTS Digital Surround Decoder and SRS TruSurround XT are included as premium audio features in the Deluxe version.
· PowerDVD XP 4.0 Standard (Available for Retail and OEM): This version offers all of PowerDVD XP 4.0 features, but only Dolby Digital (multi-channel output), Dolby Headphone and Dolby Pro Logic II audio capabilities. DTS Digital Surround Decoder and SRS TruSurround XT are not included in the Standard version.
· PowerDVD XP 4.0 Basic (Available only for OEM): This version offers all of PowerDVD XP 4.0 features, but only 2-channel audio output (Dolby Digital, MPEG-Audio, LPCM). Additional audio features can be purchased.
Founded in 1995, CyberLink Corp. is a world leader and pioneer in bringing advanced digital video and audio software products to market. The products are categorized into two major lines: Digital Video Entertainment and E-Training Solutions. Digital Video Entertainment products offer complete digital video entertainment solutions from video capture, edit, author, burn and playback capabilities. These award-winning software applications are ideal solutions for turning today's mainstream computers into powerful home theaters and digital video centers. The company's E-Training Solutions offer breakthrough technologies to stream and manage high-quality, media-rich contents over corporate intranets or the Internet. As a result of the company's solid growth and profitability, CyberLink became a public company in October of 2000 and is listed on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region including Japan. CyberLink's worldwide headquarters are in Taipei and its Web site is located at www.goCyberlink.com.
SRS Labs (http://www.srslabs.com) and its subsidiaries provide advanced sound solutions for high growth consumer markets, including home theater, DVD, portable audio, wireless devices, game consoles, automotive, broadcast, Internet and personal computer software. SRS Labs, the parent company, develops the core technologies and licenses these patented technologies to over 200 well-known manufacturers and semiconductor companies, including Sony, RCA, Philips, Kenwood, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Microsoft, and Pioneer. ValenceTech, Ltd. (http://www.valencetech.com), SRS Labs' Hong Kong-based subsidiary is a leading fabless ASIC design and manufacturing company providing Analog and Digital ASIC solutions to the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics, gaming, telecommunications and computer products. SRS Labs' subsidiary, SRSWOWcast Technologies (http://www.srstechnologies.com), focuses on the Internet and broadcast markets by developing and licensing customized hardware and software products incorporating SRS Labs' patented technologies.
SRS, TruSurround, TruSurround XT, SRS Dialog Clarity Enhancement, TruBass, and the SRS symbol are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. in the United States and selected foreign countries. All other brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
CyberLink programs are available for press evaluation. Please contact Ty Ung or Manal Ma at email@example.com or by phone at: +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 301 or 303 for more details. Additional press information is available locally in the USA and Germany through the following contacts: USA Press Contact: Kristen Stonecipher, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +1-888-275-5878, ext. 28. Germany Press Contact: Cornelie Elsaesser, email@example.com or by phone +49-821-34 300-20. High-resolution product photos are available for download at the CyberLink Web site photo archives at:
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2002 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.
<< Back to List page