5 Editing Apps that Include Free Stock Music for YouTube Videos
As a YouTuber, you know that adding the right music track is critical to creating compelling content. But finding legal and free music for your YouTube video can be challenging.
Generally speaking, if you don’t create content such as images, clips, or music yourself, you cannot use it on your channel without the creator’s permission. If you add music tracks, without permission, that someone else owns, YouTube can take down your video or suspend your account.
When it comes to music for YouTube, your best option is stock music, which is music you can purchase for use. Stock music libraries include royalty-free and copyright-free music for YouTube. These tracks already have clearance for use in video content.
High-end video editors feature built-in stock music libraries, allowing you to add tracks as part of a seamless editing process. This guide takes an in-depth look at the top five editing apps that include royalty-free music for videos.
Our top choice for the best video editor that includes stock music is PowerDirector —and it is compatible with all operating systems, including iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS.
- Cyberlink PowerDirector
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Video Editor
- Add Music to Video
Top 5 Video Editors with Royalty Free Music for Video
PowerDirector from CyberLink is a robust, video editing app that includes a wide range of professional tools, including motion graphic titles, transition effects, and compositing. The interface is highly intuitive and offers ultra-fast rendering. The latest version of this editor offers revolutionary features, such as keyframing, color matching, lookup table, HDR effects, and split toning.
PowerDirector’s music library is provided by ShutterStock. It has thousands of tracks in almost every genre of music. No matter if you’re looking for a contemporary hip hop track for an intro or a classical symphony to highlight a dramatic moment, you’ll be able to find it.
In addition to music PowerDirector also includes stock videos and photos for commercial use.Key Features:
- Full-feature video editor
- Motion tracking and video stabilization
- Green screen editing
- Robust video editing tools
- Intuitive interface that is easy to learn and use
- Available on all platforms including iOS, Android, PC & Mac
- Extensive stock library that includes royalty-free music, videos and photos
- Many features to choose from so it can be intimidating on first use
2. Filmigo Video Editor & Maker
Filmigo Video Editor & Maker is an editing app you can use to cut, trim, and merge clips to create high-resolution videos. You can also use the app to compress video content from your gallery without forgoing video quality. Other tools and effects you get with this editor include resizing, rotation, reverse, and zoom.
Filmigo features more than a hundred free filters, gif memes, and slideshow animations. You also get access to a library containing fully licensed songs that you can use for entertainment and commercial purposes.
After adding music tracks, you can export your content at resolutions of 720p/1080p.Key Features:
- Intuitive video editing app
- Tools for cutting, merging, and compressing video clips
- Libraries containing themes, filters, and stickers
- Video to MP3 conversion capability
- Easy-to-use mobile video editor
- Video speed control
- Intuitive slideshow creator
- Extensive licensed music library
- Lacks high-end editing features
- Not compatible with PC
3. Add Background Music to Video
Add Background Music to Video is a handy app with a subscription service you can use to add music to your videos. Even though it’s primarily for adding music, it offers several video editing features, including clip cutting and transition effects.
When it comes to music and audio editing, Background Music offers a wide range of high-end features. The most popular feature is the background music track library containing items in different themes and categories.
After selecting and adding an audio track, you can edit it by trimming or adding fade-out or fade-in effects. You can also record your voice as an audio layer over your video.Key Features:
- Background music app with subscription service
- Licensed background music library
- User-friendly mobile interface
- Video cropping and transition effects
- An interface that is easy to learn and use
- Quick and easy video export to social media
- Limited video editing features
- Subscription fees are relatively high
4. Add Music to Video Editor
Add Music to Video Editor is a mobile app for adding background music to your video content. With this tool, you can add video and multiple audio tracks to an editing timeline and merge them seamlessly into one high-resolution video. You can also record your voice over the video to establish a narrative or provide your viewers with information.
Using this app is a relatively straightforward process. Start by importing the video from your gallery then open the app’s music library. Choose a theme that matches your content and tap on a track to add it to the editor.Key Features:
- Audio and video trimming tool
- Multiple track editing
- Voice over recording capability
- Track positioning feature
- A quick and easy video editing process
- Extensive background music library
- Save or share your content with a single tap
- Rendering the content takes a long time
- Not all music tracks are free to use
5. Add Music to Video +
Add Music to Video + is a video editing app for iPhone or iPad. You can import and create a customized video with background music tracks you can remix with this app. The app is particularly popular for making YouTube video intros, advertisements, or jingle videos.
The app has an extensive track and background music list, and after selecting an audio track, it is easy to configure and merge with your video track. Editing features include trimming, fade effects, and volume adjustments.
The app has a simplistic user interface, but it offers limited editing features.Key Features:
- Video and audio track merging
- Themed background music library
- Track trimming and volume adjustment capability
- A simplistic app that is easy to learn
- Quick audio editing
- Voice-over recording feature
- This editing tool is only available for iPad and iPhone
- The app has limited editing functionality
- This app doesn’t allow for direct export to YouTube
Get Free Music for YouTube
If you want to add music to your YouTube videos, you have various options available. You can get a creative license or ask the original artist for written permission to use their content. However, getting a Creative Commons license or written permission can be time-consuming, and you don’t want to contact artists for every track you want to use.
Buying royalty-free music for videos is the quickest and most cost-effective route for YouTubers. Online stock content providers have a wide selection of tracks in various genres to ensure that your video content is compelling and of the highest quality.
When looking for stock music you can add to your YouTube videos, consider video editors with built-in stock music libraries to help you save time in your editing workflow. Editing software, such as PowerDirector, features an extensive library containing licensed, royalty-free, and copyright-free music included for free and accessible directly from inside the app.
You can use PowerDirector across various devices and operating systems, including macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. Compatibility with mobile allows you to add stock music and edit your videos on the go, which is ideal for content creators such as travel vloggers.
With PowerDirector, you don’t have to be a professional video editor. The intuitive interface makes this software extremely easy to learn and use. To start creating engaging video content with high-quality stock music for your YouTube channel, download PowerDirector today.