Problems and Challenges
Hotel management aims to achieve the following objectives by integrating facial recognition technology:
- Alleviate staffing issues for hotel operators, reduce tedious processes, and increase efficiency
- Improve the waiting time for guest check-ins and enhance quality of service
- Protect guest privacy by ensuring that personal data (facial information) remains only on the guest's mobile device
- Prevent impersonation and ensure the security of guests' check-ins
Simpello turned to FaceMe® to agument their proximity-based reusable identity and decentralized data technology with facial recognition, streamlining the hotel check-in experience:
- Guests take a selfie with their smartphone when booking through the hotel's online booking app. The FaceMe® Platform server generates a facial template, and Simpello technology creates a unique credential, storing it on the guest's phone.
- When guests arrive at the hotel they simply approach a FaceMe® SDK preloaded self-check-in kiosk with the smartphone used during booking.
- Once the self-check-in kiosk detects that the stored facial template on the phone matches the facial features captured by the kiosk, and simultaneously reads the correct credential from the phone, the check-in and room key issuance are completed directly without guests even taking out their phones.