5 Best Video Stabilizer Apps [iOS & Android]
Shaky video can distract from your vision and looks unprofessional. Luckily, you can fix a shaky video. Video stabilization is the best way to eliminate camera shake and improve footage quality.
If you need help picking the best video stabilization app for your next shoot, you're in the right place. We've rounded up and reviewed the top five Android and iPhone video stabilizer apps on the market. Let's look at what sets these apps apart from the competition.
What Is Video Stabilization?
Video stabilization is the process of eliminating unwanted shaking from your footage. You can stabilize a video during or after your shoot.
Video stabilization during a shoot involves using gimbals, tripods, and other accessories to keep your camera steady. If you can't afford such equipment or your filming style doesn't allow for it, you can remove camera-shake during editing. That process is easiest with a video stabilizer app.
These apps use algorithms to remove unwanted camera shakes from your footage, leading to a cleaner, smoother, and more professional-looking video.
Best Video Stabilizer Apps
Of all the video stabilizer apps available, PowerDirector is our favorite. Using this video editing tool to convert a shaky video into an engaging clip is hassle-free, and the results are fantastic. The PowerDirector app has a built-in video stabilizer that includes strength adjustment to eliminate camera shake.
The app is available for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows devices, and it can process files in virtually any video format. The interface is intuitive, ensuring that both beginner and pro-level filmmakers can use the video stabilization feature with ease.
- Excellent transitions
- Blending and compositing effects
- Multi-track editing
- Highly-rated app
- Delivers high-quality footage
- Tons of other video editing tools
- Compatible with all video formats
- Frequent updates to improve quality
- Offers more editing tools than someone who just wants stabilization may need
2. Shaky Video Stabilizer
Shaky Video Stabilizer is a free app for Android devices. It can eliminate camera shake from several video formats, including MP4, 3GP, MKV, and more. The tool is user-friendly, and you can watch your edited and shaky video side-by-side for comparisons. It also has an internal video analysis tool that can point out shakiness, smoothing, accuracy, and other issues that require improvement.
While the app is great for video stabilization, it lacks other essential video editing tools for creating perfect footage.
- Works offline
- Compatible with several video formats
- Video analysis tool
- No watermarks on edited videos
- It doesn't reduce video quality
- Not the fastest video stabilizer
- Contains ads
- Only available for Android devices
Emulsio is a good iPhone video stabilizer app for creating jitter-free videos. With the tool's stabilization feature you can adjust the stabilizer strength. You can compare the stabilized footage to the original video without leaving the app.
Besides fixing shaky videos, Emulsio has tools for trimming and cutting footage.
- Import videos to Emulsio from anywhere
- Horizontal, vertical, and rotational compensation for camera motion
- Eliminate rolling shutter distortion
- Precise control and previewing capability are within the app
- Time editing and live comparison features
- Share edited videos via social media or email
- You need to pay to remove watermarks
- The free version will only process 30 seconds of video
4. Video Stabilizer Deshake
Video Stabilizer Deshake is an Android video stabilizer app. The app uses advanced algorithms to detect shaky footage and make necessary corrections.
You can edit videos from various sources and export them in your preferred video format.
- Freemium and premium versions
- Automatic video stabilization
- Stabilization doesn't reduce the video's quality
- Several cropping types are available
- The free app only stabilizes 20 seconds of video
- Ads in the free version
VideoStabilizer is a free Android app that allows you to choose the level of stabilization you want for your video. Once the stabilization is complete, you can preview the stabilized and original video side by side. You can also choose the video quality and format you want your video saved in.
- User-friendly interface
- Three video quality options
- Easy viewing of stabilized videos
- Limited video editing options
- Adds watermarks to edited videos
Best Video Stabilizer App to Download
While this list contains all the best Android and iPhone video stabilizer apps, if you want an app that delivers superior video stabilization alongside a comprehensive suite of editing tools, you can't go wrong with PowerDirector. Beyond video stabilization, PowerDirector has countless other video editing tools that can turn unprofessional-looking footage into Hollywood-quality videos.
Download the PowerDirector app for free today to experience the power of this flexible editing software for yourself.