5 Best Alternatives for InShot
Constantly creating high-quality videos isn’t easy, especially if you’re using an app to trim, cut, and edit video. Powerful mobile video editing apps such as the InShot video editor apps have made it simple to create and share videos on the go. However, virtually every professional video editor will agree that mobile apps have their limits.Editing on a PC allows you to expand your creative editing capabilities by combining:
- more powerful processor capabilities
- more layering options
- enhanced editing features
While InShot works well if you don’t have access to a computer, if you need more capabilities without an intimidating learning curve or pricey monthly fee, you may not know where to turn. That’s where we can help you!
Choosing the best video editing software for your PC can be challenging, especially if you’re accustomed to using the InShot app. In this article, we’ll take a look at the advantages, disadvantages, and key features of the top five InShot alternative video editor options for PC so you can make the best choice for your workflow.
Want to skip the reviews to find out the best InShot alternative, our top choice is PowerDirector by CyberLink. This full-featured editor combines professional creation tools with a simplified interface, making it perfect for experienced creators as well as beginners who don’t want to spend hours learning new software. If you’ve used InShot before, you can easily transition to PowerDirector without a learning curve.
When you want powerful capabilities with unmatched ease of use, choose PowerDirector.
Top 5 InShot Alternatives for PC
PowerDirector’s intuitive editing interface works well for both novice creators and experienced editors, and provides free access to creative and educational resources. The program has been optimized to take full advantage of Intel chips and hardware allowing for the fastest rendering available in a video editor. When you finish a cut, you can upload directly to social and YouTube to save time.
Loaded with all the basic and advanced features you’ll ever need. Creative libraries of effects, transitions and animated stickers are updated with new content monthly. Keyframes provide complete creative control over any project, large or small. There’s precise blending modes to combine clips, layer photos and videos, text templates for stunning social media content, and advanced green screen tools to add new backgrounds to suit every scene.
When it comes to PC video editors PowerDirector is hands down the best option for creating YouTube videos, home movies and short films. You can download it for free and find out why PC Mag named it Best Video Editor of the Year.Key Features:
- Professional masking, blending, and keyframing capabilities: Layer footage, blend clips, adjust aspect ratio, and enhance your video’s look and feel with expert effects.
- New motion graphic titles, stickers, shapes, templates, transitions, effects, and stock resources monthly: Never run out of inspiration and ideas, thanks to PowerDirector’s continually growing creative library.
- Royalty-free stock footage, images, and music: Access impactful videos and photos through the free stock library from iStock by Getty Images.
- PC optimization, with Intel 10 enhancements
- Free download and premium subscription starting at just $5.83/mo
- Beginner-friendly, streamlined editing interface
- Screen Recorder Plug-in
- Ability to upload your videos directly to social media
- Multitude of options and advanced tools that may overwhelm beginners
Lightworks has a drag-and-drop timeline array to cut, trim, and combine clips. It includes real-time color adjustments and special effects to perfect your footage and audio.
While Lightworks packs a powerful punch of capability and editing tools, the learning curve and layout may frustrate even experienced users. The software features some outdated jargon from past tape-based editing making it somewhat challenging for those accustomed to InShot or other popular video editing apps.Key Feature:
- Drag-and-drop interface: Lightworks’ drag-and-drop panels include bins, timelines, and review options so that editors can have a complete view of their project.
- Extensive editing tools for professional-quality results
- Ease of organizing content using the tri-paneled layout and video routing options
- Free price, and flexibility of use
- Confusing layout
- Significant learning curve, even for experienced editors
- Tools based on traditional film editing vs. digital creation
VideoPad provides users with everything they need to create, edit, and share videos for casual use. While beginners have access to some advanced editing features, VideoPad’s streamlined, simple platform focuses on quick creation without many bells and whistles.
While you may choose to upgrade to VideoPad Home or Master for $40 and $70 per month, respectively, the free version of the software typically satisfies the needs of a social media creator. Even so, if you want authentic, professional-grade editing tools, you may find the premium versions lacking due to VideoPad’s focus on essential tools and features and limited effects, audio features, and available tracks.Key Feature:
- Simplified editing interface: Drag-and-drop video, audio, text, and photos into the editing panel, then cut together using the timeline or storyboard feature.
- No watermarks
- Fundamental editing tools plus a few special effects
- Ability to upload directly to YouTube and Facebook
- Lack of advanced editing capabilities
- Limited number of special effects
- Minimal audio adjustment options
4. Nero Video
Nero Video’s editor provides hobbyists with a simplified, drag-and-drop video editor for PC. While the interface has a dated look and feel, the functions have clear labeling, allowing for quick software mastery. Users can also access basic editing tools, including transitions, trimming, cutting, and themes.Key Feature:
- Reliable platform that’s good for enthusiasts: While the platform won’t win any awards for its aesthetic, beginners and hobbyists can easily drag, drop, and create videos without a significant learning curve.
- Simple, straightforward interface
- Drag-and-drop interface that makes layering a breeze
- Solid roster of titles, transitions, and audio effects
- No ongoing creative updates
- No stock library
- Limited creative options, such as transitions, titles, and templates
5. Movavi Video Editor Plus
Movavi’s visual appeal and editing features have made it a solid choice for video editors on PC. This lightweight platform provides users with essential tools including stickers, scene detection and chroma key.
Movavi Plus lacks a few functions. It has no screen recording, ongoing updates, multi camera editing and no comprehensive stock library. While casual users may not miss these features, serious content creators and video professionals will likely prefer a more thorough editing software.Key Features:
- Keyframe animation: Animating Movavi’s cartoon-esque stickers requires only a few clicks of the mouse. You can even adjust the size, opacity, and angle of the stickers to suit your video.
- Chroma Key: Though Movavi’s platform focuses mainly on simple edits, its advanced chroma key features allow you to replace your background with another video or photo.
- Attractive, easy to read layout
- Video templates, sound effects, and transition library
- Extensive audio editing tools
- Some lack of creative control, especially with color adjustments
- Poor selection of templates and transitions
|User-Friendly||Easy, Beginner Friendly||Moderate||Yes||Yes, but clunky design||Yes|
|Updates & New Features||Constantly/Year Round||Minimum||No||No||No|
|Stock Library Integration||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Transition Library||Large Collection & Growing||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Text Animations & Title Templates||Wide Selection||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Split Screen Designer||Yes||No||No||No||No|
A beginner-friendly, PC-based editing software will provide you with more options for making creative edits for one-of-a-kind videos that will help grow your audience. You will be able to work faster and have more tools to take advantage of. Luckily, long-time InShot users can make the transition to PowerDirector with little or no learning curve.
Stop wasting time and limiting your videos. Get started creating stand-out content today by downloading the PowerDirector video editing software for PC.