You can combine multiple CyberLink PowerDirector projects you worked on and saved previously into one project using the Insert Project feature.
1. After you open a project, select File > Insert Project from the menu.
2. Select the project you want to insert in to the current production, and then click Open.
3. The project is inserted.
To insert the project exactly where you want in your production, move the timeline slider to a preferred position and then select File > Insert Project.
There are two ways to trim a video clip: Single Trim or Multi Trim. Select a video clip and then click on the Trim button.
The single trim function allows you to trim off the beginning and ends of a video clip.
1. Click on the Single Trim tab.
2. Drag the mark in and mark out position sliders to your preferred positions and then click OK to complete the trimming.
The multi trim function lets you trim out one or more segments in a video clip, creating independent clips from the original video.
1. Click on the Multi Trim tab.
2. Drag the mark in position slider to your preferred position and then click on the button.
3. Drag the mark out position slider to your preferred position and then click on the button.
4. Drag the mark in position slider to the next preferred position and then click on .
5. Drag the mark out position slider to the next preferred position and then click on .
6. Click OK to finish trimming the clip.
The split function is used frequently in the video editing process. You can use it to quickly split a video clip into two segments, and then keep or remove one of them.
1. Drag the timeline slider to the position where you want to split the video clip, and then click the Split button.
If the position of the timeline slider is at the beginning or end of the video clip, the Split function is not available because it can’t be split into two segments.
2. The video clip is split into two segments.
3. You can split the video clip into as many segments as you like.
If none of the split segments are removed, they are still one continuous video, which may be helpful if you want to apply effects or transitions to individual segments .