5 Best Lock Screen Ideas – Motivational Wallpaper and More!
You probably look at your lock screen dozens of times a day. Each time you open your phone or check an alert, there it is, greeting you with an image or message. So what’s the best way to use this digital real estate? How about designing motivational wallpaper to get you ready to tackle work or school challenges, overcome personal obstacles, or just get your mind right? Here are the five best lock screen ideas made by PhotoDirector to get you started with creating your very own motivational wallpaper and more!
- Motivational Wallpaper
- Cute Lock Screens
- Aesthetic Lock Screens
- Matching Lock Screens
- Collage Lock Screen
- Download PhotoDirector — The Best App for Wallpaper Lock Screen Ideas
1. Motivational Wallpaper
Motivational wallpaper can be a powerful way to adjust your mindset, especially if you see it frequently as your lock screen. Each time you see it, you’re reminded of an inspirational truism that can get you through the day, beat back the blues, or help you deal with a challenging conflict.
Here are some things to keep in mind while designing your motivational lock screen:
- Keep it simple. A straightforward, easy-to-remember quote or statement will stick in your head longer than a lengthy, complicated one.
- Make the words pop out against the background. This way, you can catch inspiration with a quick glance without having to squint to read something.
- Use a font that complements the effect of the statement. If you use strong, clean letters for powerful quotes and softer, rounded ones for nuanced ones, you can enhance the impact of your lock screen
Read More About Adding Text to Photos:
- How to Add Text to Photos on iPhone & Android 
- How to Make a Meme on iPhone & Android 
- 5 Best Software to Add Text to Photos for Free in 2022 [Windows & Mac]
2. Cute Lock Screens
With a cute lock screen, you not only give yourself a nice image to look at, but you also can brighten your day with a simple smile. Here are some cool ideas to make your lock screen way too cute!
- Use a small image that you cut out and paste multiple times. It can be a cute little animal, cartoon, or someone’s face.
- Keep the colors bright and airy. Softer pastels like light peach or sea blue may match the cuteness motif better than stark blacks, greys, or reds.
- Switch it up from time to time. Once you have a template, you can throw in a different image in a few minutes.
Read More Related Articles:
- How to Add Stickers to Photos Easily on Your Phone
- 3 Best Apps to Do Image Cut Out for iPhone & Android
3. Aesthetic Lock Screens
An aesthetic lock screen is a great way to infuse a little extra beauty in your life, especially if the picture is of a natural landscape. There’s nothing quite as impressive as nature’s colors, shapes, and landscapes, and an aesthetic lock screen is a convenient way to integrate this beauty throughout your day-to-day life.
Another option when designing an aesthetic lock screen would be to use architecture or art that you find particularly fascinating. This could include a building in a nearby city or abroad. It could even be something from your favorite sci-fi or anime TV show.
Some people may want to include scenery or architecture from places they’d like to visit, such as the Caribbean, a major city, or the mountains.
Similarly, if you have a cool trip planned, you can use an aesthetic lock screen as a comforting reminder of your travel plans. For example, if you’re headed to Central America for a long awaited visit, you could use a picture of the rainforest or even a nice shot of a hotel or resort where you’ll be staying. This keeps your well-deserved break front-and-center in your mind.
Read More Related Articles:
- The 3 Best Apps To Composite a Photo With Surreal Effects
- 5 Best Free Image Cropping Apps in 2022 [iOS & Android]
- 5 Best Free Apps to Rotate Images in 2022 [iOS & Android]
- How to Crop a Picture on iPhone & Android 
- How to Change the Color of Images on iPhone & Android 
4. Matching Lock Screens
A cute, aesthetic, or motivational set of images or words on your phone is also a great opportunity to set up matching lock screens with your bestie, a buddy, boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse. Whether you both have the same picture of the two of you having a good time, the same excessively cute image, or a favorite quote, every time you open your phones your minds will be in the same place.
Matching lock screens are relatively easy to create, especially because one person can make the image and then send it to the other. For even better bonding, you can work together on the image such as changing the sky’s background to match your style to get it just right.
Read More Related Articles:
5. Collage Lock Screen
When you can’t decide on one specific image for your lock screen, you can just make a collage. A collage combines several photos into one. Here are some tips for creating a great collage lock screen:
- Choose images according to a theme. If you want to focus on a vacation you have coming up, you can use several images of your destination. Or if you want to remember a special day, like your wedding, you can choose several nice shots from the reception or ceremony.
- Try to stick to a standard color scheme. While your color scheme may not be a priority, getting the hues just right can brighten your mood even more. Some colors tend to go well together naturally, such as those in nature scenes, thanks to the greens, blues, and browns they typically feature.
- Have some fun with the angles of your images. If you have the right app, there’s no need to make every picture perfectly square. Feel free to tilt and twist away until you get just the right feel.
Read More Collage Related Articles:
- 5 Best FREE Photo Collage Apps to Combine Photos on iPhone
- The Best Way to Make a Collage
- 10 Aesthetic Collage Ideas and Templates on iPhone and Android
Download PhotoDirector — The Best App for Wallpaper Lock Screen Ideas
PhotoDirector allows you to let your creativity shine no matter what lock screen ideas you like best. You can play around with the position of images, text, and colors until you get something that you’ll be happy to look at every time you open your phone. Download PhotoDirector for iOS and Android devices today!
Read More About Lock Screen Design Ideas:
You May Also Like:
Professional Grade Video Editing.
The Best Photo Editing Software for Windows and Mac!