How to Remove Background From Picture on iPhone & Android 
When you want to remove a background from your photos, you no longer have to be an expert in photo-editing software to make it happen. The PhotoDirector app makes removing and changing backgrounds easier for your images. Keep reading to learn how to remove background from photos using your iPhone or Android phone.
- How to Remove Background With Free App PhotoDirector
- Download PhotoDirector — Best Remove Background App
- Common FAQ of How to Remove Background From Picture With PhotoDirector
How to Remove Background With Free App PhotoDirector
Removing the background of your photos might seem intimidating at first. Thankfully, PhotoDirector helps you achieve expert-like results with just a few taps. Follow these steps to instantly remove the background from pictures, no matter how many subjects are in the photo or how complex the background looks.
1. Download PhotoDirector — The Best Remove Background App
To get started, you have to download the best background remover app, PhotoDirector. It’s available for iOS and Android, so your device doesn’t limit your access. Once you download the app, head over to Photo Edit on the main screen.
2. Choose the Photo and Tap Cutout to Delete Background
Choose the photo you want to edit and remove the background. Navigate to the Cutout tool feature. PhotoDirector uses artificial intelligence to select the main subject of your image automatically. You’ll have the option to make the background transparent or change the background by replacing the color.
Plus, PhotoDirector gives you the option to choose from over 16 creative backgrounds from shadows, paints, galaxies, etc. When you’re happy with the result, click the checkmark on the top right-hand side of the app.
3. Use Erasers to Manually Remove Background
If you prefer a manual edit, you can use the Eraser tool for better precision and control. The smart brush helps you instantly select people or objects you want to remove and make detailed adjustments that guarantee professional results. Once you’ve chosen the object or area you want to remove, use the eraser to remove everything.
4. Apply Stroke to Cutout Image
Add some creative effects with the Stroke Effect. Choose from seven different stroke patterns to add a playful touch to your image. The Stroke Effect uses AI to highlight the subject or main object of your photo and instantly add a stroke-like background to the picture. Adjust the size and color to match your style.
5. Save the Cutout Image to Camera Roll or Continue Edit
Once you’re happy with the results, continue by tapping the checkmark on the upper right-hand side of the app. You can choose to save your edits and export your new picture. Or, you can continue editing, add stickers, text, effects, or filters to elevate your photo to the next level.
Download PhotoDirector — Best Remove Background App
PhotoDirector is the best free picture background remover app with countless photo editing tools. You don’t have to learn any advanced software or complex systems to remove the background from your picture. Download PhotoDirector for iPhone or Android today and remove unwanted backgrounds from your photos.
Common FAQ of How to Remove Background From Picture With PhotoDirector
With so many photo editing apps available and claiming to help remove the background from your photos, it can be tricky to know which one is the best and how to use it.
1. Can I Apply a Surreal Background With PhotoDirector?
PhotoDirector has tons of surreal photo backgrounds that you can use in your photos. Here’s how to apply a surreal background to your photos using PhotoDirector:
- Import your photo to the PhotoDirector app.
- First, remove the background of your image following the steps above using the background removal tool.
- Navigate to the bottom toolbar and scroll through the options until you find Background Art.
- A toolbar will open with tons of surreal background options. To preview, tap to see how it blends with your original photo.
- Adjust the photo to make this surreal background perfectly blend with your image.
- Save all your edits by hitting the checkmark in the upper right-hand corner.
- Export your photo as JPG or PNG.
2. What are the Best Remove Background Apps?
Here are our top five best background changer apps to remove backgrounds from photos for iPhone and Android in 2022:
Facetune provides in-app tutorials for beginners, and can enhance backgrounds with subtle edits.
3. Can I Remove Background From Picture For Free?
PhotoDirector is a free background eraser app for both iOS and Android that lets you remove backgrounds from images for free. You can also use cutout tools to make your images stand out. PhotoDirector lets you choose from 16 different background styles and seven cutout stroke effects.
4. What is the Easiest Way to Remove White Background From Image?
PhotoDirector offers the free Cutout tool to remove backgrounds instantly. Tap Cutout tool to select the subject and separate the background instantly. If needed, you can use the Smart Brush to adjust the details.