How to Remove People From Pictures For Free in 2022
Advances in photo-editing technology have made a big impact on what you can do on mobile devices. This is the case with features that enable you to remove people from photos. And even though the technology that drives this capability is intricate, the steps required to snatch people clear out of your photos are relatively simple. Here are steps on how to do it using the best photo editing app - PhotoDirector.
- How to Remove People from Pictures with Free App—PhotoDirector
- PhotoDirector: The Best Remove People From Photos App
- 4 Ideas to Remove People From Photos
- Download PhotoDirector - The Best App to Remove People from Photos
- Common FAQs About How to Remove People from Pictures with PhotoDirector
How to Remove People from Pictures with Free App—PhotoDirector
1. Download PhotoDirector—Best App to Remove People from Photos
Step one is to get the best app for removing people from photos, and that’s PhotoDirector. What makes PhotoDirector ideal when you want to remove people from photos? There are two key features that set it apart from many other photo editing applications:
- Marginal removal. With this feature, you can select the area you want to remove, and the app keeps everything but that section. In this way, you get a clean, complete removal.
- Region filling. Region filling automatically fills in the area that you just removed using what’s most likely to have been in that space.
2. Tap Edit and Choose the Photo You Want to Remove People from
Next, you tap Edit and then pick a photo. It’s best not to pick a photo that’s too dark or with people too close to those you want to remove. This is because the app takes portions of what’s in the image’s background and uses it to fill in the space where the image used to be.
3. Go to “Tools” and Tap “Removal” to Remove People from Photos
In the bottom left corner of your screen, you will see the Tools button. Tap it and then tap Removal, which is in the list of options that come up, along with Crop & Rotate, Fisheye, and Perspective.
When you’re ready to check the before and after images, you can hit the turning-page icon in the lower right corner of the screen to toggle back and forth between the new image and what it looked like before. This way, you can view and compare the two pictures to decide which adjustments to make next.
4. Pinch with Two Fingers to Zoom and Pan
You can make the removal process more detailed by using two fingers to zoom in and out of the image. You also get a small view box that shows a close-up view of what you’re removing in real-time. The box moves out of your way if you touch an area close to where it’s positioned in the image.
5. Brush on People You Want to Remove From Pictures
Next, you have to use either your finger or a stylus to mark the person you want to erase from your photo. As you mark it, a red line covers the area that’s going to be taken out. You can tap the circle in the middle of the toolbar to adjust the size of the brush.
6. Click Remove and Save Photo to Camera Roll
When you’re done selecting the area, hit Remove. If you’re satisfied with your work, you can save the photo to your camera roll by clicking the checkmark at the top of the screen.
PhotoDirector: The Best Remove People From Photo App
Have you ever been taking a picture when someone jumps in to photobomb it? Or have you ever lined up a great shot of yourself and a good friend smiling only to have unsuspecting passersby do something in the background to ruin an otherwise perfect photo?
In the past, there used to be no way at all to fix this. The best solution was to just try taking another picture and cross your fingers hoping nothing bad would happen! But now with AI photo editing features in apps like PhotoDirector, an otherwise photobombed picture can be saved easily. Packed with useful features and an easy-to-use interface, PhotoDirector is the best photo editor app to use for editing people out of pictures.
4 Ideas To Remove People from Photos
There are several different kinds of situations that would require you to remove people from photos, for both editing and creative reasons.
1. Edit Your Ex Out of Photos
Imagine you’ve got some great pictures of yourself that you want to keep. The only problem is that your ex is in them, and maybe you don’t want to see them in your picture anymore. You don’t need to discard these pictures because PhotoDirector can easily remove your ex using AI technology.
2. Remove Random Tourists from a Travel Photo
On your next trip, how cool would it be if you could pose next to a famous tourist attraction and remove anyone you wanted from the background? It used to be impossible to be the only person in a photo of the Eiffel Tower or the Taj Mahal on a busy Saturday afternoon. Now, that’s easy to make happen with an app like PhotoDirector. Whether you’re posing in front of the Statue of Liberty in New York City or strolling outside the Collosseum in Rome, just tap your finger a couple times on your pictures afterwards and you’ve got these legendary sites all to yourself.
3. Remove People from a Landscape
Sometimes, it’s not personal at all—you just want to maintain the pure beauty of mother nature. You take a shot of a perfect sunset, but a little kid jumped in the frame at the last second. Before you post to Instagram, you may want to use the feature to remove people from photos to get the little guy away from the glowing oranges, reds, and blues of a perfectly-captured evening.
4. Remove a Reflection of Yourself from the Background
Have you ever been in a well-lit building, restroom, or room with mirrors in it and snapped an awesome selfie, only to see a reflection of yourself taking the shot in the background? With a remove people from photos app, you can take your reflection out in under a minute.
Another useful feature of this function is the person doesn’t have to be crystal clear in order for you to remove them. Any image inside the picture can be taken out, including semi-blurry reflections of you accidentally photobombing yourself.
Download PhotoDirector - The Best App To Remove People from Photos
Taking pictures becomes a whole lot more fun if you know you don’t have to worry so much about strangers cluttering up your background. You can be confident knowing you can easily edit them out later. PhotoDirector gives you this ultimate control over choosing focal points in your pictures.
This allows you to be at ease and enjoy the moment while out and about, rather than spending extra time glued to your phone fretting about getting perfect shots right away. The big benefit to that is that it allows you to be present in the moment to enjoy the most out of life as it’s happening.
Read More People/Object Removal Articles:
- 5 Best Apps to Remove People from Photos on iPhone & Android
- How to Remove People from Photos for Free [Desktop, App & Online]
- How to Remove Objects from Photos on iPhone & Android
- 3 Best Apps to Remove Objects from Photos on iPhone & Android 
- 3 Best Retouch Photo Apps to Remove Pimples Naturally
- How to Remove a Watermark from Photos Easily with a FREE App
Packed with tons of filters, overlay effects, photo animation options, and more, PhotoDirector will always give you new ways to dress up your photos. Whether you are making a photo collage, replacing backgrounds, or changing colors of images, PhotoDirector’s features allow you to make your pictures as immersive as possible on whatever terms you decide. You and your loved ones can relive shared moments later by truly bringing them to life in any way you’d like.
Common FAQs About How to Remove People from Pictures with PhotoDirector
1. What is the Key to Successfully Remove a Person From a Photo?
To successfully remove a person from a photo, you should:
- Keep the background clean
- Use the Add/Erase tool to thoroughly remove all edges around the person
- Zoom in and pan out with two fingers to pinpoint the area you need to mark for removal
2. How Can I Remove Someone from My Picture for Free?
To remove people from a photo for free, first download PhotoDirector. Whether you have an iPhone or Android device, head over to the App Store or Google Play Store to download the app. Then upload your picture, select the Remove People feature, and use your finger to indicate the people to remove from your picture.
3. When Do I Need to Remove Someone from the Photo?
Whenever there are unwanted people in your photo background, whether it’s a funny photobomber or maybe even your ex, you can remove them with just a couple taps using an app like PhotoDirector. If you’re taking travel pictures outside famous monuments or just trying to save old pictures with an ex in them, AI technology makes it easy to remove any unwanted people quickly.
4. Is There a Free App to Remove a Person from a Photo?
PhotoDirector is a free photo editing app with 400+ high quality filters to add styles or quick fixes to pictures, 80+ built-in background templates with various themes, image overlay effects to really get your photos to stand out, and much more. It’s also a must-have app because it makes it quite simple to remove people from photos.
5. What are the Best Apps to Remove People From Photos?
5. Adobe Photoshop Fix
This is a great option for fixing minor imperfections and touching-up portraits, but the biggest downside is that you're required to sign up for an Adobe ID.